Are you focused on customers, whether that’s by listening to them, identifying their needs, or delivering value to them? Do you have a knack for digging deep into problems to find creative solutions? Can you look at a data set or research notes and identify the most valuable takeaways? Are you seeking to make an impact through the work you do each day? You’re looking for a big challenge that holds big opportunities—and you’ll find that at Thinkific!
As a Product Manager, you’ll be accountable for helping our customers find success with Thinkific and articulating what a winning product looks like. You will collaborate with customers, various Product team members (including those on our Product Management, Engineering, and Design teams), as well as other departments to deliver solutions to our customers’ needs and provide ongoing thought leadership in the online education space.
In this role, you will:
- Demonstrate deep knowledge about our customers and your Product area
- Research and fully understand the “why”: identifying themes, customer needs, and opportunities
- Find ways to regularly interact with customers and to use data to inform and shape your ideas
- Articulate a compelling vision and roadmap for your Product area—you’ll summarize the need, value, and ROI while getting others excited about the opportunities ahead
- Collaborate with customers and other Thinkific team members to determine solutions to customer needs
- Work closely with the Design and Engineering teams to launch projects and ship solutions that drive business outcomes and customer value
- Contribute to and help raise the bar on our Product Management team practices
- Review and learn from your work—you’ll frame up new opportunities and celebrate wins!
To be successful in this role, you must:
- Have 4+ years of prior experience in a Product Management role in a SaaS environment
- Demonstrate a track record of driving business outcomes and impact from your past product management work
- Possess excellent analytical skills, using them to make data-driven decisions and evaluate results
- Be customer-obsessed—you can work closely with customers, get into the details, and able to prioritize and ship solutions that bring them value
- Work cross-functionally by incorporating feedback from various departments, articulating your ideas, and providing clear reasoning and details to back up your decisions
- Get excited about new challenges—you’re driven by the opportunity to solve them creatively
- Be known for getting things done—you love to move things forward, creatively work through challenges or blockers, and make decisions
- Thrive in fast-paced environments—you’re adaptable to changes and comfortable with task-switching, all while remaining exceptionally detail-oriented
- Motivate people to align around a common goal, all while advocating for what matters
- Have experience working in an Agile workflow
You might be the person we’re looking for if you:
- Are eager to learn and grow—you’ve likely attended post-secondary education, continue to seek opportunities to level up your skills or have equivalent professional experience in a similar role
- Demonstrate interest in contributing to our product management practices and helping better how our product team works collectively
- Possess an entrepreneurial spirit—you may have launched an open-source project, completed a Kickstarter campaign, or created a new app to solve a problem you saw
Bonus points if you:
- Have prior experience in EdTech, eLearning, Education, Digital Marketing, MarTech, or Growth
This is an incredible role for the right candidate. We can’t wait to meet you!
We’re about the results of online learning and the people along the way! Thinkific is a software platform that enables entrepreneurs to create, market, sell, and deliver their own online courses.
Our mission is no less than to revolutionize the way people learn and earn online by giving them the tools they need to turn their expertise into a sustainable business that impacts both them and their audience. We believe in meaningful, innovative work: we’re building and expanding an incredible product that empowers course creators around the globe while working collaboratively to learn and succeed together. Together, we’ve served over 50,000 course creators and more than 25 million students, and these numbers are growing each day!
Why we think you’ll like working with us:
- Be part of a team of incredibly talented, passionate, and driven people focused on building and innovating on a best-in-class learning platform
- Make an impact with your work—each person has an equal opportunity to contribute to our goals and every day, we get to see how Thinkific is empowering both course creators and their students
- Join one of the fastest-growing companies in Canada and find opportunities to grow in your own career—offering advancement opportunities for our team members is important to us!
- Contribute to Thinkific’s award-winning culture—we’re one of Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures and a certified Great Place to Work!
- We offer competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, vision, and mental health coverage, and an Employee and Family Assistance Program to support the wellbeing of you and your family
- Whether you’re at our Vancouver HQ or working from home, you’ll have the opportunity to build meaningful relationships with Thinkers on your team and across the company through team-wide events, meet and greets with new team members, and regular social events
- Have fun with our team, even while we’re working remotely—join us for an online games session, virtual trivia and paint nights, at-home fitness challenges, or even an online coffee brewing demo!
- Get additional health and wellness support through a lifestyle or health spending account to put your dollars where you need it most, whether that’s subsidizing your gym membership, covering out-of-pocket expenses, or getting new gear
- Enjoy our open vacation policy and flexible work environment, because we know the importance of having a great work-life balance (and sometimes, you do your best work in slippers)
- Learn and Grow is one of our values and we take it seriously, providing opportunities through lunch and learns, training, workshops, mentorship, and our $1500 education allowance
- Grow your career AND your family at Thinkific—you’ll be taken care of with our parental leave top-ups as you add to your family
- Meet the many @dogsofthinkific (and yes, they’re as cute and cuddly as they look)
- Work with the hardware you’re most comfortable with, and upgrade or replace your system when you need to with our technology bonus
- Get set up for success, whether that’s at the office or at home. Whether you need a monitor, laptop stand, keyboard, mouse, or even a desk, we’ll work to ensure you have what you need to do your best work
- Be confident bringing your whole self to work—we’re proud to be an inclusive company with a diverse team and values grounded in ethics and equality
- Here at Thinkific, we know that the different perspectives on our team have led to amazing ideas, more innovation, and, ultimately, our success as a company. Our team welcomes applicants of all backgrounds, experiences, beliefs, identities, and statuses. Whoever you are—we can’t wait to meet you!