Are you ready to make a real difference in the world? Join us as a Product Manager/Digital Strategist of a team that builds products and digital services supporting the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) to help improve the lives of our nation’s veterans and VA employees. Successful candidates will have a track-record of managing stakeholder groups, driving alignment, navigating blockers, and leading high-performing human-centered design teams through discovery stages of PaaS and/or Saas configuration projects. The willingness to tackle ambiguity and dive in to build new systems and processes, sometimes from scratch, is essential alongside leading through influence within a matrixed environment. Previous experience working in a client services organization (i.e., consulting or a digital agency) is helpful but not required, as is interest in working with the government.
What You’ll Do:
• Product Management: Own the product management process to ensure alignment with user needs and business objectives.
• User Advocacy: Break down and simplify complex processes, crafting them into clear user stories, interfaces, and workflows.
• Stakeholder Collaboration: Engage with engineers, VA stakeholders, designers, and other team members to set product direction and prioritize based on user insights and business value.
• Continuous Improvement: Gather and incorporate user feedback, leading the iteration and refinement of features to enhance user experience.
• Conduct Discovery Sessions: Understand user perspectives, and share these insights to guide team decisions. Translate user insights into actionable design improvements.
• Gather User Insights: Translate them into actionable user stories, build and manage a robust product requirements backlog. Apply your design skills and product sense to translate insights into detailed and actionable user stories for developers.
Your Daily Role:
• Spearhead collaboration with program leadership, engineers, designers, and researchers to architect accessible and impactful user experiences.
• Conduct discovery sessions, understanding user perspectives, and sharing these insights to guide team decisions.
• Consistently gather user insights, translating them into actionable user stories, and managing a robust product requirements backlog.
• Lead design sessions, present to stakeholders, iterate on features based on user feedback, and create deliverables like user flows, wireframes, and journey maps.
What We’re Looking For:
• Product Mastery: 5+ yrs Demonstrated expertise in product management methodologies, driving the creation and prioritization of product backlogs.
• User-Centered Approach: A deep understanding of accessibility standards, with the ability to design user-friendly interfaces and actionable user stories within established systems.
• Digital Storytelling: Proficiency in platforms like JIRA, and adeptness in crafting user stories leveraging agile methodologies.
• Collaborative Excellence: Rich experience in UX design and product management, fostering a shared vision among diverse teams.
• Consultative Mindset: Skilled in understanding client needs, sculpting project scopes, and ensuring accountability in delivering user-centric solutions.
• Willingness to work East Coast time zone between the hours 830a and 430p.
• Willingness to obtain a public trust security clearance and complete a background check.
• Willingness to conduct yourself with patience and professionalism as a stellar representative of MO.
• A REMOTE first work environmentAn inclusive culture where everyone is welcome
• This is a long-term engagement (1yr+) for the right candidate
$60 – $70 an hour
• All MO representatives are expected to lead with humility, embody our core values in their leadership, and to hold their team accountable to the same.
• MO team members, inclusive of contractors, are expected to ensure we are always growing by tackling hard problems, being strategic, and learning from others.
• Compensation for this role is $60-$70/hr.
MO Studio is a design firm that helps government leaders achieve their mission by designing intuitive and sustainable customer experiences that build trust and improve satisfaction. We use human-centered design to modernize and transform customer and employee experiences. We’re a small team of interdisciplinary creatives with mission, impact, and service to others deeply rooted in our DNA. We’re naive enough to believe we can change the world and bold enough to take the chance to do it. We combine design thinking with agile delivery methods to drive visionary, human-centered products to market. Our custom solutions range in size from completely revamping an entire application to refreshing small pieces of a larger product. Everyone at MO directly impacts the direction and success of the company, and we own our roles. We value integrity, curiosity, and courage, and we operate collaboratively and with accountability while consistently challenging each other in the pursuit of excellence. At MO, we delight in creating one-of-a-kind products and experiences.