We’re seeking a product manager with an interest in B2B SaaS and building technology for marketers. In this role, you’ll help us improve our core content analytics platform and see features through from customer discovery to analyzing the results of your team’s efforts after launch.
Parse.ly is the content analytics platform trusted by pro storytellers. We believe the most successful companies in the digital world are the ones with the best content. Our content analytics platform is used by over 400 enterprises and installed on over 4,000 high-traffic sites, including Bloomberg, Arstechnica, Slate, the NFL, HelloFresh, WeddingWire, and Zapier.
And people love working here! Parse.ly has been a fully distributed team since 2010, with all engineers, designers, and product managers working from home offices across the U.S. and elsewhere. We value a healthy work-life balance. You can pick your kid up from soccer practice or alter your working hours to take a class, no sweat. For more about our culture, check out our overall 5-star Glassdoor rating or our team page.
Most of the product team is located in US/Eastern and US/Central timezones. We’ll give preference to those timezones, because even though we operate on a distributed/async model, we like to have timezone overlap for f2f (video) collaboration and pairing. We prefer to hire US-based candidates, but we’ll consider other timezone-aligned locations in North and South America for this role.
What you’ll do
- Work with engineers to identify, test, and iterate on features that make choosing Parse.ly a no-brainer for marketing teams.
- Effectively communicate with business and product team members to drive alignment and motivate smart people to do their best work.
- Talk to our customers to understand their most pressing problems and disseminate those insights to the product team.
- Use qualitative and quantitative measures to inform product development and determine whether your solutions are solving the problem.
- Collaborate with execs and engineering directors to define product strategy and vision.
Who you are
- Outcome-oriented. You know your job isn’t done once a feature has shipped. You measure the success of your work based on results.
- Customer-obsessed. You have an empathy for customer needs and an intellectual curiosity to serve those needs through technology.
- Iteratively-inclined. You know how to break down a problem or project into small pieces and you bias toward shipping.
A note about Diversity & Inclusion at Parse.ly
We’re improving diversity in the tech industry. At Parse.ly and our parent company, Automattic, we want people to love their work and show respect and empathy to all. We welcome differences and strive to increase participation from traditionally underrepresented groups.
Studies have shown that women and people of color tend not to apply for jobs unless they feel they meet exactly all items in the job description. We believe that high-performing teams include people from different backgrounds and experiences who can challenge each other’s assumptions with fresh perspectives. We encourage you to apply, even if you don’t match everything listed in the job description. Let us know why this role appeals to you, why you will be great, and which requirements will stretch you.
We are an equal opportunity employer who values and encourages diversity and belonging at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
A note about Automattic
In February 2021, Parse.ly was acquired by Automattic’s enterprise software division, WordPress VIP. Automattic is one of the biggest champions of open source and the open web, and also one of the top fully distributed employers in the world. Though you will interview for the Parse.ly team within WordPress VIP and Automattic, if you receive a job offer, it will be to become an Automattician, which means having colleagues who observe the Automattic creed and getting access to Automattic’s excellent employee benefits (more below!).
- Work from home: Work from home or anywhere else in our industry-leading distributed team. We’ve been remote since our founding in 2010! (For this role, people who can work in the U.S. Eastern or Central time zones will be prioritized.)
- Time off: Our open vacation policy (no set number of days per year) is designed to help you to be at your best! There is no minimum or maximum, but we encourage you to take at least 25 days of time off per year.
- Health care: Automattic pays 100% of plan premiums for you, your spouse/domestic partner, and eligible dependents.
- 401K: 100% match on your contributions up to 6% of annual earnings. You’re eligible to participate in Automattic’s 401(k) plan on your first day of employment. Match is fully vested from day one.
- Parental leave: Open parental leave (including maternity, paternity, LGBTQ+, and adoption for all parents). If you’ve been with Automattic for 12 months, your leave up to 6 months is fully paid.
Automattic’s benefits can vary by location. See our benefits based on where you are in the world.
How to apply
- Send your resume and/or LinkedIn profile and a link to any relevant portfolios or projects to firstname.lastname@example.org. Indicate you are applying for the “Product Manager” role in the subject line.
- Include a 1-3 paragraph intro to why you’re interested in this role. Let us know what part of the position interests you.
- Please include your time zone, working hours, and location. While we can hire from most locations, we will prioritize those near US/Eastern and US/Central timezones for this role.