The exciting world of scientific research is fueled by people with a passion for solving complex problems. At Cayuse, we are committed to our customers’ success by empowering organizations to conduct globally connected research that advances their impact on science, discovery and society. We build on that commitment with proven, integrated and easy-to-use technology that delivers exceptional value, and world class service and support that accelerates outcomes.
But we are more than just an empowering platform powered by advanced technologies. We are a collaboration of exceptional, highly skilled people with multi-disciplinary expertise, and are building our team to support our ambitious growth plans. Cayuse’s foundational strength comes from our customer and employee focused values and commitment to industry-leading solutions. It’s an exciting time to become a key member of our growing team.
Job Title: Product Manager – Reporting and Analytics
Department: Product Management
Job Type: Full-time
The exciting world of scientific research is fueled by people with a passion for solving complex problems. Cayuse develops SaaS solutions that simplify the business of research administration, helping universities, and research organizations work smarter.
We’re looking for inspired, talented professionals to help us with our ambitious growth plans. Cayuse has a strong backbone of customer and employee focused values that lead to a great working environment. With a strong financial foundation and several new products under development, it’s an exciting time to become a key member of our growing team.
The Product Manager will be responsible for developing and releasing products per the product roadmap and in partnership with leadership, shaping the roadmap and strategy. They will build products from existing ideas, customer input and market data and help to develop new ideas based on industry experience and contact with clients and prospects.
To succeed in this role, you should be a perceptive and creative leader and a reliable problem-solver. Your curiosity and ability to tune into needs of the marketplace will set you apart, but above all, you will be measured on results and metrics such NPS, time to market, competitive wins, eliminating barriers to adoption and improving customer outcomes. If you’re also confident and have a knack for knowing what ideas will and won’t work, we’d like to meet you.
- Execute product roadmap
- Create functional requirements in the form of Epics and User Stories
- Manage the product and Sprint backlogs based on business value, cost and strategic direction
- Work with team leads and engineers to ensure functional requirements are complete
- Work with UX/UI team to create visual designs
- Work with engineering to break down stories and size them for effort, prioritization and planning
- Development of documentation to support the approval, design, development and launch of the product
- Support the SPM and department management in planning but be independently responsible for release and sprint success
- Monitor the marketplace, customers and competitors
- Definition and implementation of strategies to counter competitors
- Joint presentations with sales for key customers
- Joint relationship management with sales for key customers
- Attend tradeshows, conferences, sales calls, site implementations and other customer facing events
- Identify market needs by interacting with customers at customer facing events, engaging in community portal, and scheduling 1:1 conversations with key market persons
- Assist in market need analysis with subject matter experts and customers
- Validate perceived needs by conducting surveys, polling focus groups, and analyzing data.
- Be an advocate for the customer, keeping their interests in mind at all times
- Be an expert in the product and keep up to date with technological advances
- Undergraduate in Engineering/Technical Field Preferred
- MBA Preferred
- Experience researching relevant industry trends and applying to product strategy & roadmap
- 3+ years of Product Management work experience in an Agile SaaS environment is required
- Experience or knowledge of Higher Education technologies, standards, and industry trends strongly preferred
- An analytical orientation and strong problem-solving skills demonstrated by the ability to structure an issue & analyze alternative solutions
- Superior communication and presentation skills, including the ability to communicate complex technical issues simply and convincingly to a wide range of audiences and influence outcomes and decisions
- Entrepreneurial mindset, bias for action and a passion for delivering great customer experience
- The ability to create a clear, concise presentation of findings, and effectively present to any level of the organization is important.
- Have Mastery of Scaled Agile best practices
- Experience with Reporting, Analytics, and Data Visualization tools
- Medical – Employer pays 90% of employee premium (PPO + HSA available)
- Short term disability covered
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Commuter benefits
- Parental Leave
- Casual Work Environment
- Wellness Incentives
- Sit-Stand workstations
- Cold Brew + Kombucha on tap
Our culture is one of inclusion and belonging where everyone feels respected, treated justly, supported and nourished. We all share responsibility for creating and sustaining a work environment where differences are celebrated and we are empowered to strive for excellence. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer and actively seek to recruit, develop, and retain a diverse and talented workforce.