About the role
FireHydrant is hiring a Product Marketing Manager to shepherd the relationship between our product, sales organization, and audience. You’ll play the essential role of elevating our core product truths into relatable and inspirational stories for our audience.
We’re looking for a product marketing manager who is prone to thinking differently. We know that developers value opportunities to learn and grow, connect with their communities, and work in partnership with the people behind the tools they choose. We’re seeking a product marketing manager who will be obsessively focused on what our audience finds valuable and builds messaging, content, and programs that serve that need.
The work you’ll do
- Influence and develop differentiated product messaging and positioning that aligns sales, marketing, product, and engineering and reinforces our corporate story
- Create and present enablement materials for sales that clearly outline what the value of the product is relative to our market’s pains and needs
- Ensure smooth and impactful product and feature launches, with clear, compelling content externally and tight, aligned communication internally.
- Establish a partnership with the product team that allows you to provide perspective and create some healthy tension
- Create content that drives awareness and adoption of the product and removes friction for users
- Put the customer at the center of all you create. This spans thinking like a customer to evaluate the value of your presentations, demos, content, etc., to actually putting the customer voice into your content.
- Become the resident expert on the emerging incident management category. You should be such a natural student of the category that you become comfortable having deep, meaningful, and dynamic conversations with Site Reliability Engineers.
- Act as an expert at the competitive landscape. Know why, where, and how we win, and go hard on helping the market understand that.
What we’re looking for
- Demonstrated ability in launching and growing innovative technology products and in crafting positioning and marketing content
- 4+ year’s experience in product marketing for a B2B product organization developing marketing assets (e.g., website, videos, success stories, blogs, presentations, print collateral, sales enablement tools, etc.)
- Excellent communicator who can drive consensus and articulate recommendations and tradeoffs to peers and senior executives
- Experience with launching new and disruptive services
- Experience with cloud native technologies
- Experience with marketing to developers
FireHydrant is building the only platform focused on site reliability. The FireHydrant platform includes Incident Response, Status Pages, and more, so companies can take control of their complex system, reduce downtime for their customers, and work better together. We’re a Series B company with around 80 employees (and growing!) who sit across the United States. Check out our blog to learn more about us.
Life at FireHydrant
- We’re remote-first with employees around the US, with our physical headquarters in NYC (Union Square)
- 1-2x per year we will gather in-person as a company; as teams we gather another 1-2x per year depending on the safety of such a gathering, and have virtual events throughout the year
- We collaborate through Slack, Zoom, Notion, and Google Workspace
- Kind candor – we expect honesty delivered through kindness, first and foremost
- Transparency & equity – information is shared openly in Slack channels; we welcome ideas and contribution regardless of role or experience level
- We value building trust, acting with integrity and continuously improving
- 100% employer-paid health, vision and dental premiums for the employee and 75% of dependents
- Unlimited vacation policy with a minimum requirement of three weeks off per-year, with sustainable working hours and healthy work/life balance
- Wellness program (in every form it takes): reimbursements for your fitness membership, therapy sessions. athletic equipment, nutrition plans, etc
- Education budget: conferences, books, online courses, etc
- Home office stipend: get your workspace set up in a way that works best for you
- 401k match
FireHydrant believes that everyone should be compensated fairly and we strive for transparency within our organization and the industry. We set our salaries at the 75th percentile of pay for the San Francisco market using compensation data from hundreds of companies at our stage. Additionally, everyone in a given role is paid the same without adjusting for locality. The salary for this position is $150,000 or $175,000 depending on leveling.
- FireHydrant requires that all newly hired employees are fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to reasonable accommodations provided based on medical need or religious belief.
- All employees must be able to show authorization to work in the US.