Alignable is looking for an experienced Product Marketer to lead the charge of driving feature adoption and upgrades from our Members. We are looking for a candidate who has the empathy and creativity to craft a voice that speaks to small businesses, coupled with the technical and data prowess to scale it to millions of users.
Who we are
Alignable is North America’s largest small business network with over 4 million businesses in 30,000+ communities. Interacting with their local communities or nationally-recognized industry peers, our small business owners drive customer referrals, business opportunities, and helpful conversations on the Alignable business network.
Small businesses give our communities character– generating local jobs and supporting local causes. They’re the beating heart of the global economy representing 50% of GDP and 65% of all new jobs. Their owners are creators, risk-takers, and, always, problem-solvers. They’re under-resourced, yet undeterred. We want to give back to these small business owners.
Our mission is to support their ongoing success by providing recommended resources, highly-rated tools, and an engaged, supportive peer network – it’s a difference our members experience every day. Whether it’s hearing from a fellow business owner who’s overcome a similar problem, reading a credible opinion on a vendor, or sourcing great ideas to grow sales, Alignable members can count on each other for empathetic, pragmatic advice.
If you want to empower the small business owner through a social media network unlike any other, let’s talk.
Led by start-up veterans from Invisalign, Constant Contact, PayPal and Wayfair, we’ve gone from ZER-O to IPO, turning promising ideas into enduring businesses that have transformed the digital landscape. We’re eager to repeat this success.
Advocacy and Encouragement. They make our online communities great, but they also make Alignable a great place to work IRL. Our culture is dynamic, supportive and offers tremendous opportunities to grow your career together with the business. We offer autonomy, ownership, mentoring and flexibility. Every one of our employees and co-ops can directly point to how they’ve made a major impact on the business.
Headquartered in Boston, Alignable launched in 2014 and is venture-backed by Mayfield fund, Recruit Strategic Partners, Saturn Partners, NextView Ventures, Lead Edge Capital and KIC ventures.
About the product team
Alignable’s product team is responsible for conceptualizing, building, and launching features that allow our 4M Members to connect in ways never before possible. As a Product Marketer, you’ll be the voice of Alignable to help Members adopt features and find new opportunities at scale. You’ll work closely with Product Managers, Customer Support, Sales & Marketing, and Engineering on a daily basis.
You’ll be responsible for a lot, including:
- Getting to know our what makes our Members tick
- Crafting an inspiring voice and implementing it consistently across the brand
- Driving adoption of new and key features
- Product positioning, launch strategy, and execution
- Advancing support systems and educational programs
- Email platform and strategy management
- Strategy, plans, and packaging for premium upgrades
About you, and the skills you’ll need:
- 5+ years of product marketing experience at a SaaS company
- In-depth experience with large-scale email programs and strategy
- Video and webinars
- Strong writing and creative skills (with examples!)
- A love of data, and experience using it
- You like to push and be pushed
- Bonus points for experience with consumer-based apps, SMBs, and/or social networks
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
What we offer
- Smart, supportive co-workers
- Competitive compensation
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Unlimited vacations
- Payroll deduction for commuter rail and parking