About the role:
Aurora Solar is a fast-growing Series D company on a mission to create a future of solar energy for all. Aurora makes the software that is enabling society to transition to a world powered by solar power. It’s our goal to have every solar installation in the world pass through our software, which has already been used to design millions of solar projects. Named one of “The Best Midsized Remote Companies To Work for in 2023” by BuiltInSF.com and awarded #1 Solar Software platform by Solar Power World, Aurora is disrupting the energy industry and changing the course of history.
Aurora Solar is looking for a strategic Competitive & Market Intelligence Manager to deliver actionable insights and strategies to further develop and promote Aurora’s leadership in the market. As part of the Product Marketing team, you will conduct primary and secondary research and analysis, collect and synthesize information and data, create compelling content, and continuously convey your learnings with internal teams. This is a highly visible role, requiring close collaboration with cross-functional stakeholders, including Sales, CS, CSM, Product, and Marketing, to integrate market and competitive intelligence into strategic decisions made across the company.
We are a passionate and diverse team that aspires to be the best place for the best people and we’re looking for talented individuals to accelerate our exponential growth as we continue to scale. If you are looking for a stimulating and fulfilling role, come join us!
What you’ll do:
- Develop and own Aurora’s market & competitive intelligence program, including win-loss analysis, sales enablement, and competitive deal support
- Gather primary (win-loss interviews, sales sentiment, etc.) and secondary research and data to determine market conditions, competitive insights, and trends in the solar software market
- Identify and curate insights on competitors’ current offer strategies, product sets, capabilities, offers and pricing, competitive positioning, growth activities, and other changes affecting market dynamics, performance, and market share
- Create compelling content in the form of competitive battle cards, SWOT, win-loss analysis, and more for use by customer-facing teams
- Develop a communication plan to regularly share key insights with internal stakeholders across teams, including Product, Sales, CS, and Marketing, to inform product and GTM strategy
What we value:
- Strategic thinker with the ability to synthesize information from multiple sources into relevant, comprehensible, and actionable insights for different stakeholders
- Strong market research, quantitative and analytical skills
- Ability to team up cross-functionally, especially across marketing, product management, and sales channels
- A process-motivated person with the ability to stand up programs with company-wide impact
- Excellent verbal, written communication, and presentation skills
- Passion for solar and climate tech is a bonus