Stack Overflow is the largest, most trusted online community for developers to learn, share their knowledge, and build their careers. More than 50 million professional and aspiring programmers visit Stack Overflow each month to help solve coding problems, develop new skills, and find job opportunities.
We partner with businesses to help them understand, hire, engage, and enable the world’s developers. The products and services are focused on technical recruiting, developer marketing, and enterprise knowledge sharing. Our clientele includes Google, Microsoft, Bloomberg, and many other Fortune 500 names.
Stack Overflow is looking for a Product Marketing Manager on our Stack Overflow for Teams business, who will be focused on the developer persona.
While we’re very open to hiring remotely in the United States, we need your working hours to overlap with at least the hours of 10AM – 1PM US Eastern time.
Who we’re looking for
- You are a trusted partner. Product, Sales, and other Marketing team members turn to you for your knowledge and perspective, they want to collaborate with you, and they trust that you’ll be critically thinking about everything that comes your way.
- You understand the developer. You have marketed SaaS products to developers.
- You have been a developer evangelist or developer marketer. You created and delivered content in a variety of media (pitch decks, website copy, white papers, videos, emails, blogs, social).
- You closely follow, understand and can create technical content and marketing materials that cover concepts and technologies in the developer and technologist workflow (e.g. DevOps, CI/CD, public Cloud, containers, Kubernetes, etc.)
- You have managed product launches from initial ideation with Product Managers, through development, crafted positioning and messaging, and developed go to market strategies for Sales teams and/or other channels.
- You know why attention to detail is important and you focus on the details in everything you do.
- You are comfortable working with data. You know how to get the data you need, how to analyze it, and turn it into stories to support product positioning, marketing campaigns, or sales collateral.
What you’ll be doing
- Priority 1 – partner with your Product Marketing and Product partners to create robust developer personas, craft impactful messaging and positioning, and update this across all external and internal channels and assets.
- Priority 2 – accelerate interest and adoption. Work with Growth Marketing on strategic and tactical ideas and programs that will drive interest in Stack Overflow for Teams. Work with the Product Experience and Operations team to drive adoption and increased engagement with the product.
- Priority 3 – lead go-to-market planning and execution for launches by the Public Platform Product team (the team working on stackoverflow.com)
- Your everyday responsibilities:
- Prioritize your time
- Critically think about any products, strategies, or requests that come your way
- Collaborate across internal teams
- Communicate the product value to various audiences, using various methods (digital collateral, videos, etc.)
Who you’ll be working with
- You’ll be on the Product Marketing team, reporting to the Director of Technical Product Marketing.
- In addition to your Marketing partners, you’ll also be working with Product, Engineering, Research, Design, RevOps, Customer Success, and Sales teams.
- We’re a highly collaborative company so expect the people you’ll be working with to go beyond these core groups.
- Prior SaaS Product Marketing role for a developer audience with ownership of messaging and positioning, launches, and strategies to accelerate interest and adoption.
- Prior experience as a developer evangelist or developer marketer
- You have done and can do these things…
- Work cross functionally across teams and build trust with your partners
- Excel at working collaboratively
- Manage your priorities and requests
- Think and act strategically as well as execute on tasks on time
- Communicate effectively – you can adjust how you communicate depending on who you are speaking with and what you need to say
- Write up findings and present them to various partners so they know what they need to know and have clear direction to make decisions
- If this job interests you but you aren’t certain if you meet all of the requirements, apply anyway – we value different perspectives and experience.
- We’ll only consider applications with a cover letter – please make sure to include yours and tell us what you’ll bring to the team.
What you’ll get in return
- Competitive salary
- Generous parental leave (16 weeks at 100% pay), family care leave, and unlimited sick days
- Stock options
- Completely free health insurance (no copay, no premiums)
- Gym membership reimbursement
- 20 days paid vacation
- Employees will never be poked with a sharp stick
If you want to work remotely…. We’ll reimburse you up to $2,000 to set up a great home office.
If you want to work in our office… You’ll be in our headquarters in New York City, and enjoy additional benefits like free lunch every day prepared by our own in-house chefs, transportation reimbursement, and all the espresso you can drink.
Employment is conditioned upon successful completion of a background check and upon having the appropriate legal right to work.
Diverse teams build better products.
Legally, we need you to know this:
Stack Exchange, Inc. does not discriminate in employment matters on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected class. We support workplace diversity.
But we want to add this:
We strongly believe that diversity of experience contributes to a broader collective perspective that will consistently lead to a better company and better products. We are working hard to increase the diversity of our team wherever we can and we actively encourage everyone to consider becoming a part of it.