As a product marketing speciaist, you are responsible for making your products “fly-off the shelf.”
This role is not about doing demos or presenting product features (although these may sometimes occur). Rather, this role is the glue that binds our product strategy to the tactics we need to drive success in sales and marketing and to achieve results. You will be the product evangelist and will play an integral role in organizing product launches.
You know our competitors like the back of your hand: what they do today and what they plan to do in the future. You also know our buyers better than they know themselves, including how they make their buying decisions. This isn’t guesswork. You back up strategic insights with market evidence and then use that knowledge to drive the development of positioning and messaging that resonates with buyers and empowers our sales channels to be successful.
You will collaborate with our marketing team to develop innovative programs that drive demand. An attention to detail and eye for quality are critical to your success, along with an ability to grasp and present our product’s value proposition in a way that resonates and clearly articulates how we solve our buyers’ problems. You are obsessed with tracking performance, and have the data to prove what’s working and what isn’t.
In addition to the marketing team, you will regularly collaborate with product managers, sales channels and support teams; it’s a balancing act that requires strong diplomatic skills, including knowing when to push back and when to dive in.
This position will report directly to the Manager of Customer Success Marketing.
- Market intelligence—be the expert on our buyers, who they are, how they buy and their key buying criteria.
- Understand the competitive landscape—be an expert on our competition and how they are positioned.
- Collaborate with product management and marketing team to develop product positioning and messaging that resonate with our target buyer personas.
- Be the liaison between the marketing team and the product team (attend collaborative meetings, communicate marketing needs and understand product management processes).
- Understand and document our buyer’s process, including where they get information, and the who, what, when and why behind the decisions they make. Then drive changes to our sales and marketing processes based on what you learn.
- Plan the launches of net-new products and releases of existing products, and manage the cross-functional implementation of the plan.
- Understand and support our sales channels; train them on the problems we solve for our buyers and users; develop internal tools and external collateral and teach them how and when to use it.
- Identify and elevate potential product issues to our support team and work collaboratively to find solutions.
- 3+ years of product marketing experience with at least 2 years of experience in a market-facing role (e.g. conducting competitor analysis and market research)
- Comfortable using collaboration and CRM tools such as Slack and Salesforce.
- Familiar with marketing automation tools such as Pardot and Google Analytics.
- Exceptional ROI-tracking skills, able to prove what is –or isn’t—working.
- Excellent people and management skills to interact with staff, colleagues, cross-functional teams and third parties. Team player!
- Familiarity with Pendo.io and Jira is a plus!
- Bachelor’s degree in business or marketing.