**Note that you don’t need to possess 100% of the qualities to be considered**
**Women, BIPOC, LGBTQ, and other under-represented groups are highly encouraged to apply**
About Jama Software:
Jama Software is passionate about improving innovation success. Numerous firsts for humanity in fields such as fuel cells, electrification, space, autonomous vehicles, surgical robotics, and more all rely on Jama Connect™ to minimize the risk of product failure, delays, cost overruns, compliance gaps, defects, and rework. Jama Connect™ uniquely builds Living Requirements™ that form the digital thread through siloed development, test and risk activities to provide end-to-end compliance, risk mitigation, and process improvement. Our rapidly growing customer base of more than 12.5 million users across 30 countries spans the automotive, medical device, life sciences, semiconductor, aerospace & defense, industrial manufacturing, financial services, and insurance industries.
As an Product Owner at Jama Software, you will contribute directly to a critical area of our product roadmap and work with key team members to define the product priorities and release plan, helping bring new, differentiated capabilities to market. You will work closely with Product Management, Solutions Consulting, Engineering, Quality Assurance and Customer Success to support the business needs of our customers in regulated and unregulated industries
In this role, you will:
- Collaborate with senior Product Managers and subject matter experts to define and prioritize requirements, Engineering on estimation and development execution, and QA on testing and validation.
- Manage feature iteration and collaborating with scrum team throughout the product lifecycle
- Collaborate and connect with internal and external customers as needed for product development, improvement, and support activities.
- Breakdown and elaborate user needs and requirements into epics and user stories
- Support Agile team release and sprint planning, defining deliverables, dependencies, and risks/mitigations
- Maintain a detailed, groomed backlog beyond current sprint
- Analyze product changes, fixes, and improvements
- Monitor and report on critical metrics for assigned projects
- Experience as a software or content development Product Manager, Product Owner, Business Analyst, and/or Project Manager.
- Experience in enterprise software is a plus, both Cloud/SaaS and on-premises, is a plus.
- Experienced at working iteratively in an agile or lean environment, and able to break down large problems into smaller valuable increments.
- Practiced in SCRUM or other Agile methodologies
- Experience in software development lifecycle applications like Jira or Azure DevOps
- Excel working in a fast-paced environment – individually, in small teams, or across functional groups.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, time management and organizational skills
- Analytical mind with strong attention to detail
- Product Management or Project Management certification (Pragmatic Institute, PMP or other) is a plus, but not required.
Benefits and Other:
If we’ve intrigued you and you are the right candidate for the role, we will offer:
- Results-oriented and fun work with a chance to define distinct, company-shaping tangible contributions
- An energized and results-oriented Product leadership team
- Competitive cash and equity compensation
- Comprehensive and affordable medical, dental and vision plans as well as pre-tax savings accounts as well as a generous 401(k) employer match
- Time-off and leave programs crafted to meet critical needs for rejuvenation and, when needed, extra support to cope with life events
Jama Software is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, genetic information or that of his/her relatives, friends or associates or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or applicable law.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.