At Klaviyo, we value the unique backgrounds, experiences and perspectives each Klaviyo (we call ourselves Klaviyos) brings to our workplace each and every day. We believe everyone deserves a fair shot at success and appreciate the experiences each person brings beyond the traditional job requirements. If you’re a close but not exact match with the description, we hope you’ll still consider applying.
About the team
The Marketing Team is pretty special—a diverse group of empathetic thinkers, passionate doers, creative strategists, and true originals, all working together to solve interesting problems and connect with online brands from around the world. Together, we help businesses of all sizes build deeper customer relationships, acquire bigger audiences, and use data to fuel amazing experiences.
About the role
The Product Specialist provides Klaviyo prospects with the most immediate and high quality first interaction with Klaviyo in order to enable our smallest customers a seamless experience with our products. The Product Specialist develops relationships with target customers via phone/email, learning about the potential customer’s business needs, educating them on e-commerce best practices, demoing the platform, & removing barriers for them to activate their subscription. The Product Specialist serves as the point of contact between the potential customer and Klaviyo.
Product Specialists are given wide latitude to consult with customers and design solutions based on their technical knowledge, advising and consulting potential customers on ecommerce best practices and optimal utilization of Klaviyo’s platform.
How you’ll have an impact
- Navigate a high volume of product and sales related inquiries.
- Independently develop strategies to remove barriers for new customer adoption of Klaviyo’s platform and build relationships with customers.
- Conduct consultative qualification of prospects and provide demonstrations of the platform with minimal supervision.
- Help remove technical barriers for our users and recommend software best practices
- Identify and deliver best next steps or resources to assist prospects
- Collaborate cross-functionally within Klaviyo to improve customer experience
- Demonstrate substantive knowledge of ecommerce, SMS and email marketing.
- Reflect Klaviyo’s values of accountability and effort
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
What we’re looking for
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent sales and customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
Get to Know Klaviyo
Klaviyo is a world-leading marketing automation platform dedicated to accelerating revenue and customer connection for online businesses. Klaviyo makes it easy to store, access, analyze and use transactional and behavioral data to power highly-targeted customer and prospect communications. The company’s hybrid customer-data and marketing-platform model allows companies to grow by fostering direct relationships with customers, without giving up their valuable data to popular big-tech ad platforms. Over 265,000 innovative companies like Unilever, Custom Ink, Living Proof and Huckberry sell more with Klaviyo. Learn more at www.klaviyo.com.
If you are a Colorado resident and this role is a remote role, you can receive additional information about the compensation and benefits for this role, which we will provide upon request. Requests can be submitted here. Additional information regarding benefits can be found here.
Klaviyo is committed to diversity and to a policy of equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.