Working hours 5pm – 2am EST
Stack Overflow is the largest, most trusted online community for developers to learn, share their knowledge, and build their careers. More than 50 million professional and aspiring programmers visit Stack Overflow each month to help solve coding problems, develop new skills, and find job opportunities. We partner with businesses to help them understand, hire, engage, and enable the world’s developers. Our products and services are focused on developer marketing, technical recruiting, and enterprise knowledge sharing. Our clientele includes Google, Microsoft, Bloomberg, and many other Fortune 500 names.
The Product Support Specialist (PSS) is responsible for supporting clients’ technical needs and ensuring their successful deployment, use, and growth of the Stack Overflow Talent and Stack Overflow for Teams products. Product Support Specialists are responsible for post-sales technical support for clients and assisting them in proactive and reactive ways. PSS’s should help customers evaluate solution implementation, understand how to utilize it, integrate it into their existing systems, and successfully deploy and troubleshoot any issues with it.
What You’ll Do:
As the front line of support, you will identify the pain points, trends, and issues that our users and customers face. Most importantly, you will resolve those issues by directly fixing problems and by working together with the Sales, Success, and Product teams.
A lot of this will involve a certain degree of sleuthing, as people don’t always use products as intended, and products don’t always do what they’re supposed to do. In those cases, it will be your job to figure out what might be going on, and either fix it yourself or find out who can fix it and ensure that they do so. Tracking down bugs or other unexpected behaviors in these cases will require the Product Support Specialist to be prepared to solve problems creatively while maintaining a professional attitude.
- Investigate and resolve customer issues via our ticketing system or in real time through Intercom.
- Troubleshoot and resolve account issues.
- Post-sales engineering assistance to help prospects understand the technical capabilities of the software and how it can fit into their organization’s existing systems.
- Assist clients with configuration and connection to other systems such as SSO, Slack, and Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS).
- Ensure support SLAs are met.
- Work with the product engineering team to communicate bugs or other issues to be fixed and incorporated into future releases.
- Create or update customer-facing product documentation.
- Customer-facing or user-facing experience in either an IT helpdesk environment or supporting a SaaS product.
- The ability to speak to non-technical customers when troubleshooting technical issues.
- Experience or training in basic Information Technology subjects such as SMTP, SSO, Active Directory, DNS, and IP routing.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Solutions oriented problem-solving and critical thinking abilities.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills – you care about people and are passionate about helping others.
- Self-starter and excited to work in an ever changing environment.
- Highly motivated with a strong work ethic and good judgement.
- Technical writing skills.
- Know how to read an API spec and be able to answer questions.
Nice to Have:
- Understanding, interest in, or use of stackoverflow.com.
- Familiarity with Information Technology policies at medium to large companies. You don’t need to know compliance regimes, but you should know how to help our clients navigate them.
- Experience or training in Microsoft server technologies. Azure, SQL Server, Windows Server, etc.
- Networking and firewall configuration and troubleshooting experience.
- Experience with SQL. You can read and write queries, and know how to read a schema.
We’re a remote-friendly team. Whether you work remotely or work out of our office (re-opening June 2021 at the earliest due to COVID-19), you’ll be part of a remote work culture that emphasizes online communication (Slack, GitHub, Hangouts, Zoom, Stack Overflow for Teams). While we’re generally very flexible on working hours, working within 5pm – 2am EST, Monday – Friday is required for scheduling and interacting with your team. There is a 6 week exception during the first 6 weeks of your employment where you will be required to work 9am – 6pm EST for training. Additionally, you may be asked to adjust your schedule to minimize coverage outages.
What you’ll get in return:
- Competitive salary
- 20 days paid vacation
- Generous parental leave (12-16 weeks at 100% pay), family care leave, and unlimited sick days
- Stock options
- Completely free health insurance (no copay, no premiums)
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Employees will never be poked with a sharp stick
If you want to work remotely…. We’ll reimburse you up to $2,000 to set up a great home office.
If you want to work in our office… You’ll be in our headquarters in New York City, and enjoy additional benefits like free lunch every day prepared by our own in-house chefs, transportation reimbursement, and all the espresso you can drink.
Stack Overflow does not discriminate in employment matters on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected class. We support workplace diversity.
We strongly believe that diversity of experience contributes to a broader collective perspective that will consistently lead to a better company and better products. We are working hard to increase the diversity of our team wherever we can and we actively encourage everyone to consider becoming a part of it.