It takes powerful technology to connect our brands and partners with an audience of nearly 900 million. Whether you’re looking to write mobile app code, engineer the servers behind our massive ad tech stacks, or develop algorithms to help us process trillions of data points a day, what you do here will have a huge impact on our business—and the world. Want in?
About The Role
We are looking for experienced DevOps and/or cloud engineers to join the Search Production Engineering team. Our team single-handedly manages the services that power a billion-dollar Search business. Although we are a highly collaborative team, we often work independently and are trusted to make sound business and technical decisions for our individual areas of responsibility.
- Manage a suite of hybrid-cloud services, and ensure they remain highly available and highly operable.
- Maintain and improve code delivery pipelines in close “DevOps” partnership with engineering teams.
- Perform regular capacity planning and testing to ensure our services can operate at global scale.
- Work closely with security engineers to improve and evolve our threat defenses.
- Collaboratively design high quality monitoring, alerting, and tracing for our applications.
- Participate in 12×7 on-call rotation for emergency/site-up issues.
- 2+ years experience in DevOps or Cloud Engineering roles
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes, or comparable containerization/orchestration technologies
- Strong Linux (or other Unix-like operating system) expertise: system internals, shell scripting, troubleshooting, etc.
- Working knowledge of IP networking, DNS, load-balancing and CDN’s.
- Professional experience designing and implementing continuous deployment pipelines.
- Passion for technological improvement: seek out opportunities to automate, document, and simplify.
- Cloud observability and monitoring expertise.
Yahoo is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category. Yahoo is dedicated to providing an accessible environment for all candidates during the application process and for employees during their employment. If you need accessibility assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability, please submit a request via the Accommodation Request Form (www.yahooinc.com/careers/contact-us.html) or call 408-336-1409. Requests and calls received for non-disability related issues, such as following up on an application, will not receive a response.
At Yahoo, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion (www.yahooinc.com/diversity/) page to learn more.
US Only: Please be aware that Yahoo requires all employees entering a U.S. Yahoo office and/or attending a company event (including client events) are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19. This position will require the successful candidate to obtain and show proof of a vaccination to enter a U.S. Yahoo office and/or attending a company event (including client events). Yahoo is an equal opportunity employer, and will provide reasonable accommodation to those individuals who are unable to be vaccinated consistent with federal, state, and local law.
The compensation for this position ranges from $97,500.00 – $210,625.00/yr and will vary depending on factors such as your location, skills and experience. The compensation package may also include incentive compensation opportunities in the form of discretionary annual bonus or commissions, in addition to equity incentives. Yahoo provides industry-leading benefits including healthcare, 401K savings plan, company holidays, vacation, sick time, parental leave and an employee assistance program. Eligibility requirements apply.
Yahoo has a high degree of flexibility around employee location and hybrid working. In fact, our flexible-hybrid approach to work is one of the things our employees rave about. Most roles don’t require specific regular patterns of in-person office attendance. If you join Yahoo, you may be asked to attend (or travel to attend) on-site work sessions, team-building, or other in-person events. When these occur, you’ll be given notice to make arrangements.
If you’re curious about how this factors into this role, please discuss with the recruiter.
Currently work for Yahoo? Please apply on our internal career site.