Bounteous’ Finance and Client Operations Team is seeking a Project Accounting Specialist (“PAS”). The ideal PAS will have both financial and operations experience in a professional services organization and will be the point person for project billing set-up, maintenance, and invoicing at month-end in Bounteous’ time-tracking system, OpenAir. In addition to owning project setup, maintenance, and invoicing, this role will work closely with senior finance, operations, and project management leaders to identify areas for optimization in projects in our quickly growing digital transformation agency.
Role and Responsibilities
- Review, assess, and translate professional services contractual obligations into Billing Activities (Rules) in OpenAir
- Maintain and update Billing Rules as required through the project lifecycle to complete a full activity report for all hours logged to projects
- Serve as the key Subject Matter Expert for Billing in OpenAir, providing support for our Project Management, Finance and Operations team members
- As part of monthly revenue reconciliation, manage month-end project invoice activities in OpenAir. Responsible for running manually, or systematically, each project’s billing each month during invoicing time
- Generation of invoices. Must coordinate and communicate with Project Management and Finance teams to ensure invoice accuracy
- Create and maintain searches, reports, and workflows revolving around invoicing/billing activities
- Identify and create solutions to continually streamline processes and improve efficiencies for our teams revolving around project accounting
- Work with OpenAir admin teams on product releases, new features, and issues
- Plan, organize, prioritise and handle multiple tasks in a collaborative work environment
- Research and educate our teams on OpenAir best practices revolving around billing and invoicing
- 2-4 years of experience in a professional, fast-paced, and dynamic environment
- Previous exposure to working in a billing/invoicing environment
- Data Conversions, interface/integrations, reporting, and customization experience
- OpenAir experience required (should include all modules of OpenAir)
- Basic NetSuite experience desired, including an understanding of NetSuite-OpenAir integration
- Office Suite experience
- Bachelor’s degree in finance and/or equivalent experience required
- Familiarity with professional service organizations
- Able to communicate, influence, and listen to internal stakeholders
- Strong conceptual, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Able to think creatively and work collaboratively to develop solutions and manage the expectations of stakeholders
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
We invite you to subscribe to our monthly and quarterly newsletters to stay up to date with the latest job openings as well as resources and tips for job seekers here.
Research shows that women and other underrepresented groups apply only if they meet 100% of the criteria of a job posting. If you have passion and intelligence, and possess a technical knack (even if you’re missing some of the above), we encourage you to apply.
Bounteous is focused on promoting an inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate the different viewpoints and experiences our diverse group of team members bring to Bounteous. Bounteous does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
Bounteous is willing to sponsor eligible candidates for employment visas.