The act of hiring is not simply to up the headcount or to fill a seat quickly. When we hire at Bounteous, it’s to add to our interpersonal dynamics and choose the right person to impact, collaborate, commit, inspire, and grow alongside our tenured teams. Bounteous boasts a long-standing track record of ideating, innovating, and implementing award-winning solutions and driving best-in-class results. Our success starts with hiring the right people, in the right roles, at the right time to strategize, analyze, design, engineer, and market for some of the world’s biggest brands.
Currently, Bounteous is searching for a Project Manager to add to our fast-growing team. Successful candidates have several years of experience in partnering with clients, leading all phases of digital-related projects including vision and scope definition, creative and user experience design, requirements specification and prioritization, iterative development, manual and automated testing, handoff, and delivery. Candidates should be comfortable managing projects of various sizes and complexities independently from inception through completion. You’ll be responsible for prioritizing, guiding, and directing practice area teams throughout the life cycle of various small to large sized projects.
Role and Responsibilities
- Independently lead and motivate diverse teams on various types of projects in a fast-paced environment
- Manage project scope, timeline, budget, issues, risks, dependencies, and deliverable outcomes
- Lead on-time, on-budget delivery of digital projects, following internal processes, resulting in a high degree of client and internal team member satisfaction
- Function as a Scrum Master to lead effective Agile ceremonies including stand-ups, retrospectives, sprint reviews, grooming, and planning
- Proactively monitor, report, and react to project scope changes, budget burn, and timeline risk
- Report project status on a weekly basis, providing transparency to client and Bounteous stakeholders regarding budget, schedule, scope, risks, issues, and dependencies
- Ability to understand a problem and work toward a solution by building consensus within the project team
- Serve as an advocate for the project team, ensuring that they are empowered and have the information needed to successfully create and deliver an excellent end product
- Ability to communicate (written and verbal) effectively and facilitate communication amongst the project teams, client stakeholders, and senior management
- Facilitate efficient meetings including producing detailed agenda, facilitating discussions, and ensuring action items are identified and followed up on
- Ability to adjust how information is communicated to various audiences, who each process information in their own way, have different working styles, and unique personalities
- Foster a collaborative environment within the project team and direct reports (if applicable)
- Ability to resolve conflicts in a mature, productive, and positive manner
- Act as a key client contact and ensure their expectations are met and results are delivered
- Leverage current project management systems, including OpenAir and Jira, to make data driven decisions and provide reporting as needed
- Manage and maintain resource forecasts for all project team members in OpenAir on a weekly basis
- Work with the clients and product owners to ensure the realization of business goals in working solutions
- Develop domain expertise in client’s business space to drive results
- Ability to easily work with everyone from designers to developers to content strategists, and communicate across all levels in the company
- Partner with Client Service Executives and Business Development to scope, size, and solution new opportunities
- Report to Program Director and work with them to enhance process and efficiency across the Program Delivery competency
- Coach and mentor other team members
- Build strong relationships with client and internal team members to deliver success
- Contribute to the internal development of Agile and project management processes, deliverables, and standards
- Continue expansion and development of new skills, techniques, and tools through continuous learning
- 5+ years of project management experience of progressively increasing responsibility with at least 1-2 years of Agile experience
- 5+ years of experience working as a consultant or in an agency as a project manager
- Exposure to a wide variety of management techniques including Scrum, Agile, and/or Waterfall
- Worked with multiple teams simultaneously, consisting of 4 to 8 people
- Experience delivering large digital-related projects ($1MM+, 9+ months)
- In-depth understanding of digital development process and technologies
- Proven organizational skills and a focused attention to detail
- Experience in both Confluence / JIRA or equivalent tool for software development
- Experience with CMS platforms (Adobe Experience Manager, Drupal), eCommerce platforms (Magento, Shopify) and Google Analytics a plus
- CSM and PMP certifications are a plus
- Experience working in regulated environments such as financial services, pharmaceutical, healthcare and experience with policies such as Sarbanes-Oxley, PCI, and/or CAN-SPAM a plus
- BS/BA in relevant program, or equivalent work experience preferred
We invite you to subscribe to our monthly and quarterly newsletters to stay up to date with the latest job openings as well as resources and tips for job seekers here.
Research shows that women and other underrepresented groups apply only if they meet 100% of the criteria of a job posting. If you have passion and intelligence, and possess a technical knack (even if you’re missing some of the above), we encourage you to apply.
Bounteous is focused on promoting an inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate the different viewpoints and experiences our diverse group of team members bring to Bounteous. Bounteous does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
Bounteous is willing to sponsor eligible candidates for employment visas.