Quick take: Axios is a growth-stage startup dedicated to providing trustworthy, award-winning news content in an audience-first format. The Axios Events Team, a creative arm of the Axios revenue organization and a part of Creative Services (Events and Smart Brevity Studio), is hiring a Project Manager to guide post-sale production and client management for Axios events and special projects.
Why it matters: Axios Events use smart sponsor integration to help our advertising partners communicate their messaging through a Smart Brevity lens across our platforms.
- The Project Manager role serves as the primary point of contact for sponsored event campaigns coordinating across all creative disciplines within the events team and other departments such as client partnerships, our Smart Brevity Studio, and marketing. They will also provide superior customer service to all external stakeholders.
As the events team continues to expand its portfolio of clients and products, we are looking for an experienced project manager to own campaigns from kick-off to the wrap-up.
The details: Ideal candidates will embody an entrepreneurial spirit and a passion for Axios’ mission and will have the following skills:
- Demonstrated experience working in events, digital media, and implementing sponsor integrations and campaigns
- Experience managing multiple complex projects in a cross functional environment, meeting deadlines, and exceeding expectations
- Proficiency in orchestrating communications across a large number of internal and external stakeholders
- Natural ability to think critically, problem solve and provide effective solutions
- Strong customer service and attention to detail
- Highly organized with excellent communication skills
- Enjoys building processes to enhance the performance of the events team and its creators
- Project management software experience is a plus (i.e. Wrike, Asana)
- Competitive salary
- Health insurance (100% paid for individuals, 75% for families)
- Primary caregiver 12-week paid leave
- Generous vacation policy, plus company holidays
- Commuter and cell phone benefit
- A commitment to an open, inclusive, and diverse work culture
- Annual learning and development stipend
Additional pandemic-related benefits:
- One mental health day per quarter
- $100 monthly work-from-home stipend
- Tele-mental health services
- OneMedical membership, including telehealth services
- Increased work flexibility for parents and caretakers
- Access to the Axios “Family Fund”, which was created to allow employees to request financial support when facing financial hardship or emergencies
- Virtual company-sponsored social events
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
Axios is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. Axios makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.