Are you a passionate creative with an eye for detail and a knack for finding the right words? Do you understand the power of a strong brand and even stronger messaging? Can you develop compelling messaging that solidifies Thinkific as a market leader and household name? For you, it’s not just about high level strategy, but also about digging in and taking action on on those plans. You’re looking for a big challenge that holds big opportunities—and you’ll find that at Thinkific!
As the Public Relations Manager at Thinkific, you’ll be the first in-house PR person and have the opportunity to create the program from the ground up as we grow. This means you’ll need to own and build process, analytics, strategy, execution, and project management for all things related to PR. As a member of our high performing Marketing team, you’ll work closely with a friendly, collaborative, fast-paced bunch of go-getters without egos, as well as seasoned external PR contractors and freelance writers. We strive to find the right solution above all else, and we appreciate attention to detail and a passion for creating content about a rapidly growing industry with a ton of rich and meaningful customer stories to leverage for developing our brand. Everyone here does work—you’ll not only be responsible for coming up with the high-level strategy—you’ll also help execute.
In this role, you will:
- Develop a proactive media relations strategy for top-tier media placements as well as campaign strategies for product launches, marketing campaigns, and company announcements
- Manage external PR agencies, contractors, and resources, including Thinkific’s executive thought leadership program and Thinkific’s corporate PR program
- Coordinate all public relations activities, including handling inbound media requests, facilitating interviews, and acting as a spokesperson when required
- Prep Thinkific’s executive team with key talking points and storylines for presentations and interviews as needed
- Work across the organization to meet the needs of multiple business lines
- Write, edit, and publish press releases, articles, presentations, company updates, and social media copy
- Develop compelling storylines and doing proactive outreach and pitching to media, journalists, and editors
- Develop and maintain PR analytics tools, monitoring performance against business objectives
To be successful in this role, you must:
- Have been contributing to and owning PR channels for 7+ years with a strategic focus
- Demonstrate extensive experience creating and executing strategic PR initiatives, media outreach, and campaign management.
- Be a strategic powerhouse—you’re extremely skilled at turning company goals and marketing programs into tactile PR plans that will capture the attention of both media outlets and Thinkific’s end users
- Have strong and versatile writing abilities, including the ability to craft interesting pitches, shorter documents (blogs and press releases), and succinct impactful content (social media)
- Be a masterful storyteller, with a knack for crafting compelling content, powerful headlines and succinct talking points
- Act as an expert brand ambassador that can represent brands to the media
- Be extremely organized, able to prioritize across many projects, coordinate stakeholders, and respond quickly to media requests
- Demonstrate past (successful!) experience in running PR programs for a SaaS company or large scale brand
- Have been responsible for reputation and change management of a large scale brand
- Be an excellent communicator with proven ability to clearly convey complex ideas to a variety of stakeholders
- Get excited to do great work and thrive in a fast-paced, quickly changing environment (with the experience to prove it)
- Are eager to learn and grow—you’ve likely attended post-secondary education, continue to seek opportunities to level up your skills or have equivalent professional experience in a similar role
You might be the person we’re looking for if you:
- Have strong existing relationships with the media
- Are proud of past wins from your PR work, driving awareness and positive brand sentiment from your efforts (and can’t wait to show us!)
- Have experience building media and PR plans from the ground up
- Work well both individually and within a team
Bonus points if you:
- Have previously worked at a SaaS company during a high growth stage
- Successfully scaled a PR program in a previous role, resulting in significant media wins and awareness impact
- Have already created your own online course (extra points if you’ve used Thinkific)! If you’ve created your own online course, you already know exactly how our customers think (and how we can find more of them)
This is an incredible role for the right candidate. We can’t wait to meet you!
We’re about the results of online learning and the people along the way! Thinkific is a software platform that enables entrepreneurs to create, market, sell, and deliver their own online courses.
Our mission is no less than to revolutionize the way people learn and earn online by giving them the tools they need to turn their expertise into a sustainable business that impacts both them and their audience. We believe in meaningful, innovative work: we’re building and expanding an incredible product that empowers course creators around the globe while working collaboratively to learn and succeed together. Together, we’ve served over 50,000 course creators and more than 25 million students, and these numbers are growing each day!
Why we think you’ll like working with us:
- Be part of a team of incredibly talented, passionate, and driven people focused on building and innovating on a best-in-class learning platform
- Make an impact with your work—each person has an equal opportunity to contribute to our goals and every day, we get to see how Thinkific is empowering both course creators and their students
- Join one of the fastest-growing companies in Canada and find opportunities to grow in your own career—offering advancement opportunities for our team members is important to us!
- Contribute to Thinkific’s award-winning culture—we’re one of Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures and a certified Great Place to Work!
- We offer competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, vision, and mental health coverage, and an Employee and Family Assistance Program to support the wellbeing of you and your family
- Whether you’re at our Vancouver HQ or working from home, you’ll have the opportunity to build meaningful relationships with Thinkers on your team and across the company through team-wide events, meet and greets with new team members, and regular social events
- Have fun with our team, even while we’re working remotely—join us for an online games session, virtual trivia and paint nights, at-home fitness challenges, or even an online coffee brewing demo!
- Get additional health and wellness support through a lifestyle or health spending account to put your dollars where you need it most, whether that’s subsidizing your gym membership, covering out-of-pocket expenses, or getting new gear
- Enjoy our open vacation policy and flexible work environment, because we know the importance of having a great work-life balance (and sometimes, you do your best work in slippers)
- Learn and Grow is one of our values and we take it seriously, providing opportunities through lunch and learns, training, workshops, mentorship, and our $1500 education allowance
- Grow your career AND your family at Thinkific—you’ll be taken care of with our parental leave top-ups as you add to your family
- Meet the many @dogsofthinkific (and yes, they’re as cute and cuddly as they look)
- Work with the hardware you’re most comfortable with, and upgrade or replace your system when you need to with our technology bonus
- Get set up for success, whether that’s at the office or at home. Whether you need a monitor, laptop stand, keyboard, mouse, or even a desk, we’ll work to ensure you have what you need to do your best work
- Be confident bringing your whole self to work—we’re proud to be an inclusive company with a diverse team and values grounded in ethics and equality
- Here at Thinkific, we know that the different perspectives on our team have led to amazing ideas, more innovation, and, ultimately, our success as a company. Our team welcomes applicants of all backgrounds, experiences, beliefs, identities, and statuses. Whoever you are—we can’t wait to meet you!