Bitwarden promotes better internet security and safety with an open source password management solution for individuals, teams, and business organizations.
As a Quality Assurance Engineer at Bitwarden, you will contribute directly to the future of the Bitwarden product across mobile, web and server components while working with a great team and amazing open source community. We’re looking for someone who can help our team grow confidently by helping both our software support engineers and customer success team in recreating issues, manually testing bug fixes, enhancements or other functionality. You would also help contribute to a suite of automated regression tests, help facilitate a total quality approach to software development and delivery, as well as assist in testing community and internal product contributions.
This is an all-remote team and US time zones are preferred. We do not offer visa sponsorship at this time.
- Become an expert and authority on the entire Bitwarden codebase, including: backend infrastructure, APIs, database, web app, mobile apps, browser extensions, desktop apps, and more
- Help evaluate and test bug fixes submitted by the user community
- Perform and document manual testing of new features and fixes during the development lifecycle
- Participate in code reviews, learning and spreading technical knowledge
- Actively participate in backlog grooming, planning and delivery activities
- Help maintain automated tests within one or more industry proven automated test frameworks for testing mobile, desktop and web applications as well as RESTful APIs
WHAT YOU BRING TO BITWARDEN
- Experience in testing a SaaS consumer and/or enterprise product
- Experience in lean or agile development and delivery
- Experience testing mobile and cross-platform/browser applications
- Collaborative and adaptable mindset
- Openness and authenticity combined with excellent communication skills
- Excitement and enthusiasm for helping customers solve security and password challenges
- Excellent problem-solving skills – you might not know all the answers, but you know how to find and communicate the solution
- Zeal for learning and desire to develop your skills into a Software Engineer in Test role
- User of Bitwarden
- Startup experience
- Open source experience
- Mobile apps testing experience
- Experience in one or more automated test frameworks (e.g. Selenium, Cucumber, Appium, Robot Framework, BrowserStack, etc.)
- Proficiency using source control such as Git, SVN, Subversion, TFS, etc.
- Knowledgeable in the setup and use of xUnit, jUnit, nUnit or PyTest test execution frameworks
- Development experience with Java, C# or Python
- Capable of configuring and managing automation tasks in a CI/CD pipeline such as Jenkins, AppVeyor, etc.
- Strong Descriptive Programming experience with Selenium
- Experience in Angular or React, Node.js, electron
- Experience in Xamarin
- Experience with Microsoft AppServices
WHAT TO EXPECT IN THE INTERVIEW PROCESS
Selected candidates will be invited to schedule a 30-minute screening call and then progress through the following stages:
- Interview with the Director of Engineering
- Interview/s with team members
- Interview with CEO
All Bitwarden team members are required to authorize a background check before employment begins. We will not discriminate based on criminal records but will take into account the risks and responsibilities of the job. We value openness and honesty and would appreciate hearing directly from you about anything that may come up in a background check.
WHY WORK WITH BITWARDEN?
- Our user community loves us and we love them. Come to work each day with a sense of purpose as we bring a more secure internet experience to everyone from our friends and family to the world’s largest organizations.
- Become an expert. You’ll get immersed in the prominent technology markets of security and open source software.
- We are dedicated to building an incredible team. Work remotely with motivated and innovative team members and take part in productive and fun meetups.
- Learn and grow. Take on new challenges with the support of your team.
We recognize and understand that people come with a wealth of experience and talent beyond just the technical requirements of a job. If you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications for the position, you should still consider applying. Diversity of experience and skills combined with passion is a key to innovation and excellence; therefore, we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply. Please let us know if you require accommodations during the interview process.
A note to outside sourcers: we do not accept solicitations from recruiters, recruiting agencies, headhunters, or outsourcing organizations and request to be removed from all such contact lists.