RStudio creates great software that helps people understand data and make better decisions in real-world applications. Our core offering is an open source data science platform, and we aim to make it available to everyone, regardless of their economic means. You’ll be joining a team of passionate, talented engineers who have a proven track record of producing great software used by hundreds of thousands of data analysts worldwide. You will participate in the full lifecycle of the products from design through support, ensuring its high quality and acting as a customer advocate for the best user experience possible.
Your main tasks will be to design and execute automated and manual tests for all levels of the product, and to develop high-level testing strategies designed to ensure that the team as a whole is working toward the same quality goals. This role involves test strategy creation, full-stack testing, test automation framework development, process improvement, data analysis, and puzzle solving, and it offers a significant opportunity to drive the quality of our software through careful testing and thoughtful analysis. If you insist on unrelenting quality, excel at critical thought, and love working with amazing people, this job could be for you.
In this role, you will join a new team working on an unreleased product. You will be responsible for the day-to-day testing of the features implemented by the team, supported by your teammates and the resources of the full QA group. You will work closely with the developers and other QA engineers to design and execute both manual and automated tests for the features implemented by your team. We value analysis, reflection, and critical thought on the team, so you will be expected to contribute to lively product discussions throughout the development process.
- Create and maintain a high-level test strategy for the team’s products
- Implement Continuous Testing into the delivery pipeline
- Ensure confidence in Continuous Delivery so code is always in a deployable state by implementing automated tests and monitoring
- Analyze and troubleshoot complex problems to find contributing factors, and log steps to reproduce in bug reports. Follow up with bug fix verification.
- Contribute to the design of the software, with a focus on quality and usability
- Collaborate with other QA team members to share knowledge, coordinate coverage, and optimize processes
- Experience testing enterprise software, either on-premises or SaaS
- Experience testing and writing automated tests for APIs
- Experience writing UI automated tests
- Experience creating high-level test strategies for multiple products
- Experience with load and performance testing
- Curiosity and a willingness to learn new technologies
- 5+ years of experience in software Quality Assurance
Nice to have (but not required)
- Experience integrating automated tests into continuous integration processes
- Experience working with business process automation teams
- Familiarity with R, python, or both
- Experience with VM software/Docker/Vagrant/EC2
- Experience with major cloud vendors like AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud
- Interest in data science and/or the RStudio mission
- RStudio is a Public Benefit Corporation (PBC) and a Certified B Corporation®, which means that our open-source mission is codified into our charter, and that our corporate decisions balance the interests of the community, customers, employees, and shareholders.
- We welcome all talented colleagues and are committed to a culture that represents diversity in all its forms.
- We prioritize giving ourselves “focus time” to get deep work done. We minimize meetings and attempt to operate asynchronously.
- We are a learning organization and take mentorship and career growth seriously. We hope to learn from you and we anticipate that you will also deepen your skills, influence, and leadership as a result of working at RStudio.
- We operate under a unique sustainable business model: We have over 50% of our engineering dedicated to creating free and open source software. We are profitable and we plan to be around decades from now.
- 100% distributed team (or come in to one of our offices in Seattle or Boston) with minimal travel
- Competitive compensation with great benefits including:
- medical/dental/vision insurance (100% of premiums covered)
- 401k matching
- a home office allowance or reimbursement for a coworking space
- a profit-sharing system
- Flexible environment with a generous vacation policy
RStudio is committed to being a diverse and inclusive workplace. We encourage applicants of different backgrounds, cultures, genders, experiences, abilities and perspectives to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical disability, or length of time spent unemployed.