About the Team
The MetaMask browser extension is the world’s most popular ethereum wallet. Our work over the coming years will be defined by five goals. We are striving to build a wallet that is truly:
- Secure, where private keys are safe, phishers are disempowered and users are empowered to make good security decisions
- Accessible, across boundaries such as background, ability, language, location, wealth, or computer literacy
- Extensible, enabling the innovators of the world to permissionlessly add to to the wallets functionality and capabilities
- Social, which leverages peer-to-peer connections of the decentralized web to make the wallet easier, more delightful and more secure to use
- Great to build on for developers of every conceivable dapp
What you’ll do:
- Quickly become familiar with MetaMask and its many use cases
- Perform testing, triage test failures and report bugs
- Write automated end to end tests
- Be a voice for quality, stability, and security in our product development and release processes
- Bring hustle, enthusiasm, heart and a love of shipping bug free software to their work
- Collaborate with development team in order to find and fix product issues
- Participate and assist in the release process
Who we’re looking for:
- 3+ years experience as a QA Engineer
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Very good knowledge of testing theory
- Experience testing web applications and APIs
- Excellent analytical skills to work with developers for troubleshooting issues
- Familiarity with version control systems such as Git
- Experience debugging a NodeJs and ReactJS codebase
- Strong experience with open-sources test frameworks, including Selenium/Webdriver, Playwright or Cypress
- Testing browser extensions.
- Blockchain expertise.
You’re a MetaMask user!
Our mission is to unlock the collaborative power of communities by making Web3 universally easy to use, access, and build on.
Working with ConsenSys puts you at the forefront of an evolving paradigm, transforming our society for the better. We fundamentally believe blockchain is the next generation of technology that can lay the foundation for a more just and equitable society.
Blockchain tech is just over 10 years old. Ethereum itself is still a toddler and we’re far from reaching our full potential. You’ll get to work on the tools, infrastructure, and apps that scale these platforms to billions of users.
You’ll be constantly exposed to new concepts, ideas, and frameworks from your peers, and as you work on different projects — challenging you to stay at the top of your game. You’ll join a network of entrepreneurs and technologists that reaches the edge of our ecosystem. ConsenSys alumni have moved on to become tech entrepreneurs, CEOs, and team leads at tech companies.
Why join ConsenSys? Here are some of the perks of being part of a unique organization like ConsenSys:
One of the most recognized tech companies in the blockchain ecosystem globally. A work experience at ConsenSys is a tremendous reference for your future career. ConsenSys alumni have moved on to become tech entrepreneurs, CEOs, and team leads at tech companies.
The forefront of a revolution. We fundamentally believe blockchain is a next generation of technology that can lay the foundation for a more just and equitable society. You can be a part of building the digital economy of tomorrow and radically transforming our society for the better.
A dynamic startup environment with deep roots. We are one of the earliest blockchain companies and a leader in the space. You’ll join a network of entrepreneurs and technologists that reaches the edge of our ecosystem.
Deep technical challenges. Blockchain technology is just over 10 years old. Ethereum itself is still a toddler. There is much to be done before these platforms can scale to the order of millions or billions of users. We are building the tools, infrastructure and applications l that are pushing the technology forward.
Continuous learning and improvements. You’ll be constantly exposed to new concepts, ideas and frameworks from your peers and as you work on different projects — challenging you to stay at the top of your game.
ConsenSys is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply. We are committed to ensuring that our technology is made available and accessible to everyone. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
ConsenSys is aware of fraudulent recruitment practices and we encourage all applicants to review our best practices to protect yourself which can be found here.
We have a comprehensive and competitive benefits package to make sure we’re looking after you and what matters most.
We believe in ownership and want everyone to have a stake in our future success, that’s why you’ll receive equity when you join us.
Recognized in the blockchain and Web3 ecosystem
Working at ConsenSys is a tremendous reference for your career. You’ll join a network of entrepreneurs and technologists that extends across the global crypto ecosystem.
Continuous learning & opportunities
We provide ongoing growth and development through on-the-job learning, and the ConsenSys Advance Program which includes full access to Coursera, bespoke and technical learning programs and ConsenSys Academy our world-class blockchain and Ethereum program.
We value downtime to recharge and reset, ensuring everyone at ConsenSys has work/life balance. In addition, company-wide we participate in “zero productivity” days to take a break from work, shut down, and sit back and relax.
Flexible working arrangements
With our global workforce we have fine-tuned asynchronous working which means we have a lot of flexibility in the structure of when we work and how we work together.
You’ll be joining a team based all over the world. Providing the unique opportunity to work with people from across 6 continents.