As a Quality Engineer, you’re responsible for performing tests to isolate and solve software product issues. You will collaborate extensively with product management and developers to understand, scope out, and execute tests. In addition, you will plan, initiate tests, analyze results, and communicate technical problems accordingly.
The impact you’ll make:
- Review functional and design specifications to ensure full understanding of individual deliverables
- Identify test requirements from specifications & develop QA test plans
- Execute, document, and evaluate test cases and report test results
- Facilitate test plan/test case reviews with cross-functional team members
- Identify any potential quality issues per defined process and escalate potential quality issues immediately to management
- Ensure that validated deliverables meet functional and design specifications and requirements
- Acquire SME knowledge & expertise and mentor supporting team members
- Act as a liaison with development, program management, and customer support
- Understand the technical layout of product and support deployment team through to delivery
- Involved in automation efforts and take ownership of automation of test cases for your team’s regression and smoke tests
What you’ve accomplished:
- B.S. in Computer Science or related technical field
- 3+ years in software testing in a web, GUI environment, or Mobile environment
- Experience with automated testing tools like Selenium and Appium
- Ability to work independently with systematic troubleshooting techniques, judgment and problem solving skills
- Ability to think abstractly
- Knowledge and experience in technical aspects of software testing
- Strong communication skills both verbally and written
- Ability to adapt, plan, and organize in a constantly changing environment
- Must be proactive, meticulous, organized and detail oriented
- Experience with bug tracking and working in bug tracking systems like Bugzilla, Jira, etc.
Our 2022 Benefits:
- Medical, Dental & Vision benefits (effective Day1):
- Employee – employer paid premium 100%
- Dependent – employer paid premium 80%
- HMO – Kaiser & Anthem
- PPO and HDHP with HSA – Anthem
- Basic Life & AD&D – employer paid 1x salary
- 401(k) Retirement Plan (with employer contribution)
- PTO (3 weeks accrued); 5 sick days
- Supplemental, voluntary benefits
- Kindbody (family planning/fertility) including up to $10,000 towards cash-pay services
- Goodly (Student Loan Repayment/529 Education Savings) including a company contribution of up to $1,000/year
- FSA (Medical, Dependent, Transit and Parking)
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Critical Illness Insurance
- Accident Insurance
- Short- and long-term disability Insurance
- Pet Insurance
- Company-paid identity theft protection
- Rocket Lawyer legal services platform
- Paid parental leave
- Reimbursements for home office setup and monthly WiFi
- You get to play a meaningful role in the future of cannabis and how it’s regarded globally
- Catered lunches provided while working in the office and curated snack boxes delivered to your door when working at home
- Casual work environment, read no fancy clothes required, but you are free to dress to the nines!
- Generous PTO and company holidays
- Endless opportunities to network and connect with your fellow Weedmappers through education and speaker series, Employee Resource Groups, happy hours, team celebrations, game nights and much more!
Weedmaps is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. We are looking for the smartest and most passionate people who want to join our team and develop the services, systems, and marketplaces that will serve the marijuana industry in the decades to come. Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.
Applicants may be entitled to reasonable accommodations under the terms of the ADA and state/local laws. Please inform us if you need assistance participating in the interview process.
WM Technology, Inc.’s (Nasdaq: MAPS) mission is to power a transparent and inclusive global cannabis economy. Now in its second decade, WM Technology has been a driving force behind much of the legislative change we’ve seen in the past 10 years.
Founded in 2008, WM Technology, is a leading technology and software infrastructure provider to the cannabis industry, comprising a B2C platform, Weedmaps, and B2B software, WM Business. The cloud-based SaaS solutions from WM Business provide an end-to-end operating system for cannabis retailers. WM Business’ tools support compliance with the complex, disparate, and constantly evolving regulations applicable to the cannabis industry. Through its website and mobile apps, WM Technology provides consumers with the latest information about cannabis retailers, brands, and products, facilitating product discovery and driving engagement with our retail and brand customers.
WM Technology holds a strong belief in the power of cannabis and the importance of enabling safe, legal access to consumers worldwide. Since inception, WM Technology has worked tirelessly, not only to become the most comprehensive platform for consumers, but to build the software solutions that power businesses compliantly in the space, to advocate for legalization, social equity, and licensing in many jurisdictions, and to facilitate further learning through partnering with subject matter experts on providing detailed, accurate information about the plant.
Headquartered in Irvine, California, WM Technology supports remote work for all eligible employees. Visit us at www.weedmaps.com.