Quality Engineering Architect
Weedmaps’ mission is to power a transparent and inclusive global cannabis economy. Through our industry-leading marketplace, we connect the cannabis market’s highest value and intent consumers with the best dispensaries and brands in the world and provide cannabis retailers with the suite of operational tools they need to efficiently run their businesses.
The Quality Engineering Architect at Weedmaps is responsible for working cross-functionally promoting quality principles throughout the organization. The QE Architect will play a major role in delivering quality releases in an agile environment while meeting company standards of excellence and customers expectations. The QE Architect is also expected to lead quality optimizations to improve uptime, quality, and speed of releases in highly complex, integrated services ecosystems.
The impact you’ll make:
- Working cross-functionally with multiple teams within designing the end-to-end test solution in CI/CD for existing integrations
- Working with Engineering, Infrastructure, and Product implementing multiple levels of coverage for platform as a whole minimizing the risk of outages
- Designing an effective and sustainable solution to support multiple 3rd party integrations
- Optimizing existing delivery pipeline by further integrating existing regression and smoke tests in CI/CD
- Developing API health check to ensure API health on lower environments with POC of propagating tests to production
- Monitoring dashboards for performance testing
- Integration of performance tests in CI/CD
- Proposing and architecting further optimization to speed/quality of test executions
- Work x-functionally to lead implementation, optimization, and measurement of best practices in prevention, detection, and remediation of quality issues
- Implement quality dashboard, KPIs, SLOs, SLI, SLAs
- Work with Engineering on synthetic monitoring solutions
- Lead continuous improvements of QE standards, processes, and procedures
- Determine risk/benefits scenarios to make data driven decisions
- Promote and continuously improve test automation effectiveness in CI/CD environment
- Plan for future QE department operational and procedural improvements
- Keep abreast of technical trends with regards to Software Quality Engineering, and evaluate their value for improving our software delivery process
- Influence quality and productivity improvements through involvement in the development of new and improved tools, procedures, process innovations, training
What you’ve accomplished:
- Requires 7-10 years of experience in Quality Engineering, SDET and/or development experience.
- Thorough understanding of the software development process and all aspects of Agile Quality Engineering and a proven record of making impact in delivering quality at scale
- Proven experience with designing and coding tools, frameworks, wide-reaching solutions
- Experience with successful Agile techniques: User Stories, TDD, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Pairing, Automated Testing, CI/CD, GIT, Maven, Jenkins
- Strong working knowledge of Selenium, Selenium WebDriver, Node.JS, Java, Java Script, TestNG, XML, WebServices, Microservices
- Working experience in performance, load testing, such as Blazemeter
- Working experience with synthetic monitoring tools
- Functional programming experience is a plus
- Working knowledge of Kubernetes, Docker, and all aspects of testing using containers
- API and systemI level testing
- Flexibility and creativity in handling multiple activities and competing priorities
- Self-motivated, driven, results-oriented
- Must have strong teamwork orientation and the ability to promote collaboration within and across teams
- Strong, effective and persuasive communications at all levels of management in both written and verbal form
- Ability to adapt, plan, and organize in a constantly changing environment
- Must be proactive, meticulous, organized and detail oriented
- Ability to meet challenging deadlines
- 100% paid employee monthly Medical, Dental and Vision premiums AND 80% paid dependent monthly premiums
- HMO (California residents only) and PPO option offered through United Healthcare
- Company-paid $50,000 in Basic Life/AD&D (Accidental Death and Dismemberment) coverage
- 401(k) Retirement Plan: 100% match on the first 1%. 50% match from 2-6% of employee contributions
- 3 weeks PTO (accrued) and 5 sick days (immediate)
- Supplemental, voluntary benefits
- Kindbody (family planning/fertility) including up to $10,000 towards cash-pay services
- Goodly (Student Loan Repayment/529 Education Savings) including a company contribution of up to $1,000/year
- Flexible Spending Accounts (Medical, Dependent, Transit and Parking)
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Critical Illness
- Accident Insurance
- Short- and long-term disability
- Pet Insurance
- Paid parental leave
- During current work-from-home:
- Reimbursements for home office setup and monthly WiFi
- 11 company-paid holidays
- Catered lunch and snacks provided when working in the office
- Snack boxes sent straight to your door when you work-from-home
- Casual work environment, read no fancy clothes required, but you are free to dress to the nines!
- Monthly virtual happy hours
- Quarterly all-hands meetings
Weedmaps is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. We are looking for the smartest and most passionate people who want to join our team and develop the services, systems, and marketplaces that will serve the marijuana industry in the decades to come. Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.
Applicants may be entitled to reasonable accommodations under the terms of the ADA and state/local laws. Please inform us if you need assistance participating in the interview process.
Founded in 2008, WM Technology is a leading technology and software infrastructure provider to the cannabis industry, comprising a B2C platform, Weedmaps, and B2B software, WM Business. The cloud-based SaaS solutions from WM Business provide an end-to-end operating system for cannabis retailers. WM Business’ tools support compliance with the complex, disparate, and constantly evolving regulations applicable to the cannabis industry. Through its website and mobile apps, WM Technology provides consumers with the latest information about cannabis retailers, brands, and products, facilitating product discovery and driving engagement with our retail and brand customers.
WM Technology holds a strong belief in the power of cannabis and the importance of enabling safe, legal access to consumers worldwide. Since inception, WM Technology has worked tirelessly, not only to become the most comprehensive platform for consumers, but to build the software solutions that power businesses compliantly in the space, to advocate for legalization, social equity, and licensing in many jurisdictions, and to facilitate further learning through partnering with subject matter experts on providing detailed, accurate information about the plant.
Headquartered in Irvine, California, WM Technology supports remote work for all eligible employees. Visit us at www.weedmaps.com.