As a lead quant developer, you will be responsible for design and implementation of optimal execution algorithms and liquidity provision trading architecture for an exchange-affiliated trading desk. The role is a unique opportunity for those who love to combine using the best practices in low latency software architecture and algorithmic trading.
- Design systems and improvement to scale trading systems.
- Write a high-performance code designed for scale.
- Creating and implementation of the optimal execution strategies.
Who you are:
- Proficiency in English, written and spoken.
- 5+ years of experience in software engineering.
- 2+ years of experience in building low latency trading infrastructure in financial and/or cryptocurrency markets.
- Excellent knowledge of Java 8 and above (streams, lambdas, optionals).
- Very good knowledge of Python 3.
- Familiarity with DevOps (Docker, CI/CD, single-click deployment, cloud infrastructure).
- Understanding of most popular architectural styles and their uses.
- Ability to reason about software outside of a particular programming language or technology.
- Excellent self-motivation and self-discipline.
- Quantitative and reasoning skills, coupled with ability to think in the terms of risk and reward.
Additionally, it would be nice if you:
- Have hands-on experience with delta one market making in a high-frequency trading environment.
- Have knowledge of market microstructure modeling and CLOB dynamics.
- Have experience with or are keen to learn about algorithmic options market making and vol surface modeling.
- Know the Python data science stack (pandas, numpy, scikit-learn)
- Have a crypto market experience.
- Enjoy a startup-like environment and fully remote work.
- Have a computer science or a quantitative (mathematics, physics, econometrics) degree.
Bitso is Latin America’s leading cryptocurrency platform. Our goal is to evolve how we think about and use money. We believe that we should all have the opportunity to use our money whenever we want it, and how we want it, without boundaries or schedules. To achieve this, we provide individuals with fast, cheap, seamless and user-friendly financial services powered by blockchain technology.
Cryptocurrencies do not rely on intermediaries to give them legitimacy or value. Instead, they are valuable because of the peer-to-peer technology that powers them. We firmly believe in crypto and the use cases it has. It’s time for the world to upgrade to a fair, open, transparent, and global financial system for all. #makecryptouseful.
Visit us at https://bitso.com/
Bitso promotes an environment where people are treated fairly and with respect, free of discrimination, bullying, harassment, violence or threats.
- Purpose: You’ll be part of something bigger, working towards financial disruption and inclusion across Latin America.
- Culture: You’ll work in a thriving, friendly, and fun environment that promotes open discussions, jokes, learning, video games, and lots of fun.
- People: You’ll work with some of the most driven and intelligent people in the crypto space, engaging with a network of diverse talent from 25+ nationalities bound by our quest to #makecryptouseful.
- Salary: We pay competitively in the countries where we operate.
- Venue: Work from wherever you want, work asynchronously; this role is fully remote to give you maximum freedom.
- Unlimited Paid Time-Off: You choose your number of days off. Recharge batteries and enjoy who you are outside the office
- Employee Stock Option Plan: we want our team members to be owners of the company. Therefore, as we all together crave for the success of our business, you will be eligible to participate in our stock option plan!
- This role is expected to work remotely.
- These are the applicable requisites, although equivalent competencies in any of the above will also be considered.