WHO IS RAHEEM.
Raheem (raheem.org) is the independent service for reporting police violence in the United States working to end police terror against Black people. Since launching in 2019, we’ve helped more than 2,400 people report police and tied more than 275 officers to allegations of police misconduct.
We’re a growing team of designers, data scientists, and policy experts with a shared mission, who genuinely enjoy working together while appreciating the gravity of what we are building. The organization is led by Brandon D. Anderson, a Black queer abolitionist who founded Raheem in 2017 after police killed his life partner during a routine traffic stop.
We are building extraordinary tools to confront an institutional powerhouse that has profoundly shaped the lives of Black people. Tools that make police behavior more visible, move residents to the center of policymaking, and shrink the role of the police.
This requires imagination, hard work, and courage. We are working to achieve something unprecedented—help us build it!
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING.
You will serve as an advisor and trusted partner to the CEO, help manage organizational priorities, and drive execution on all of initiatives.
You will be a thought partner for the CEO.
- Set organizational priorities in partnership with the Raheem team.
- Help execute fundraising strategy, create materials for major meetings, support grant-writing and funder outreach.
- Manage calendar for CEO, lead communications with external partners and media, and represent Raheem when necessary.
You will drive seamless, effective collaboration and execution within Raheem.
- Translate high-level goals into execution plans with clear deadlines, ownership of individual tasks, and tracking plans. Maintain culture of accountability.
- Create and continually improve internal processes for planning, prioritizing, and collaborating on everything we do.
- Identify and implement the right tools for our team.
You will own key strategic initiatives for the organization.
- Independently drive research around the most important decisions Raheem needs to make.
- Quickly work to compile research, complete analysis, deliver recommendations to the team, and then make things happen.
You will lead execution of all day-to-day operations at the company.
- Oversee day-to-day financial management, including paying invoices, expenses and reimbursements, and closing monthly books in collaboration with a contract accountant.
- Oversee day-to-day human resources management, including payroll, hiring operations, and benefits administration.
WHAT WILL LEAD TO SUCCESS.
- Be committed to ending state-sanctioned violence against Black and Brown people, trans people, women, queer people, people with disabilities, people living without houses and all others who have the right to live and love freely.
- Engage with the problem space, taking the time to listen and learn with curiosity.
Operational and strategic excellence.
- Be able to hit the ground running. We generally look for 4+ years of full-time professional experience or the equivalent.
- Masterful ability to juggle competing priorities, prioritize effectively, and focus on the highest value activity.
- Ability to communicate effectively and empathetically with a wide variety of audiences including community members, our team, partners, and potential funders.
- Track record of finding creative, scrappy solutions to a wide range of challenges with limited direct oversight and on urgent deadlines.
- Mastery of Microsoft Excel and/or Google Sheets and calendar management tools.
- Experience with Keynote, Quickbooks, Trello, Asana a plus. Demonstrated ability to master new software programs a must.
Solving hard problems, together.
- Come up with novel solutions, working well with technologists and non-technologists alike.
- Ask hard questions and challenge assumptions to ensure that we’re solving the right problems.
- Take ownership of the technical side of Raheem by proactively looking for opportunities to improve and extend the product and infrastructure.
- Contribute to a positive culture that enables us to find joy in the work of fixing painful problems.
CULTURE & VALUES.
Raheem is a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day.
We aspire to be smart, humble, hardworking, and, above all, collaborative.
We approach problem-solving using a Black queer feminist lens that recognizes systems of oppression and values difference and individual experience.
We ask each other hard questions, hold each other accountable, and support each other’s growth.
We use humor and warmth in order to enjoy doing the most difficult, meaningful, and impactful work of our lives.
If this sounds like a good fit for you, we can’t wait to meet you!
- Competitive salary
- Health, dental, and vision benefits
- Parental leave
- Unlimited vacation
- Remote work – we’re a distributed team that works from anywhere with good internet.