Code for America believes government can work for the people, by the people, in the digital age, and that government at all levels can and should work well for all people. For more than a decade, we’ve worked to show that with the mindful use of technology, we can break down barriers, meet community needs, and find real solutions.
Our employees and active community of volunteers build and transform government and community tools and services, making them so good they inspire change. We merge the best parts of technology, nonprofit, and government to help support the people who need it most. With a focus on diversity, equity, inclusion, and deep empathy for partners in government and community organizations and the people that our partners serve, we’re building a movement of motivated change agents driven by meaningful results and lasting impact. At Code for America, you contribute to exciting work while learning and developing in a supportive and flexible environment. Our compensation and benefits are holistic and thoughtfully curated to represent our employees and our mission. Help us drive real generational change that lasts.
Code for America is looking for a talented Recruiter who will contribute towards scaling Code for America’s incredible and diverse teams. You will strategize and execute different ways to build diverse talent pipelines centered around equitable and inclusive hiring practices. You will be responsible for a variety of roles, both technical and non-technical roles that range across all existing levels.
About the Role:
We’re looking for a passionate, empathetic Recruiter to help us grow our team. You will be the ambassador of our mission, connecting meaningfully with our candidates to share our compelling story. You’ll partner with hiring managers and executives across the organization to support every aspect of full cycle recruiting.
This is an incredible opportunity to grow your skills in every facet of full-cycle recruiting and contribute to an organization making a real difference in people’s lives. Joining a lean talent team, you will need a ‘roll up your sleeves’ mindset. As a key stakeholder in growing our teams, we expect you to align with our mission and values; diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) values alignment is equally important. This role reports to the Head of Talent (Julie You).
In this position you will:
- You will manage full cycle recruiting process including: defining needs, job descriptions thought partnership, sourcing, screening resumes and interviewing candidates, driving the interview process with hiring managers, evaluating candidates with the hiring committees and facilitating the decision-making process
- You will partner closely with hiring managers and the Head of Talent to strategize and execute different ways to build diverse talent pipelines as we grow our staff across technical, program and nonprofit operations roles.
- You will maintain relationships with passive candidates for future openings.
- Represent CfA at events including job fairs and industry conferences (virtual)
- Drive offer process, partnering with hiring managers and People Operations
- 3+ years of full cycle recruiting experience
- Professional experience and personal alignment with diversity equity and inclusion values.
- High-growth or hyper-growth startup experience
- Experience partnering with hiring teams (Hiring Managers, Recruiters, Recruiting Managers) throughout the recruiting process, acting as an effective hiring partner.
- An active and data-driven approach to sourcing and recruiting pipeline management. You enjoy making sense of the trends and using the insights to better your process to make it more effective and efficient.
- A growth mindset and flexibility. You can shift tasks and priorities when circumstances change.
- An eye and prioritization for candidate experience.
- Enjoys working in a fast-paced, mission-driven organization
- Ability to work independently and proactive communicator
It’s a bonus points if you/have:
- Technical sourcing and/or recruiting experience
- Agency experience
- University recruiting experience
- High volume in-house recruiting experience
- Recruiting coordinator experience
- Greenhouse experience
What you’ll get:
- Full benefits package with 100% coverage towards select medical, dental and vision plans and contributes 80% of the cost towards dependent and family coverage
- 401k plan with matching funds
- A collaborative, hardworking and fun environment
- Leadership and teammates who value Equity, Inclusion, and Diversity
- Professional development includes bi annual 360 review process and $1000 annual budget
- A manager and org-wide structure that supports and enables professional development
- Compensation: Code for America’s salary bands are transparent internally as a part of our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion, we extend this to our hiring process. This role at this level is ranged from ($85,850 – $116,150) in yearly salary. As a part of our equitable hiring practices, we aim to target the midpoint of the 2nd quartile of the range for all new hires. That target for this role is $97,213. These ranges and the target are for the San Francisco/ Bay Area market and subject to adjustment for cost of living differentials. The largest cost of living adjustment is 15%.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Code for America values a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace and strongly encourages women, people of color, LGBTQ+ folks, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, and veterans to apply. Code for America is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will not be discriminated against because of race, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, citizenship status, disability, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, medical condition or any protected category prohibited by local, state or federal laws.