Who We Are
Second Dinner is an independent game development studio that is here to make the most fun games in the world. Not super fun games. Not SUPER DUPER fun games. We mean the MOST fun games. And for our first game, MARVEL SNAP, we’re partnering with Marvel. That’s right, we get to play in the Marvel Universe!!
While we are headquartered in Irvine, California, most of our team is fully remote. We want the most talented teammates wherever they call home. A diverse team with varied perspectives makes us a better company and will help us make better games. If you can bring something new to the table and expand our point of view, that’s a huge upside.
Our People Team
At Second Dinner, we believe great people in a great work environment will lead us to great games and player experiences. Second Dinner’s People Team exists for this reason – to attract, attain, invest in, and retain amazing team members. Our policies, systems, and processes serve the greater goal of employee engagement. We craft and refine a work environment where employees can be their authentic selves and do their best work.
As a Recruiter, you’ll discover and court the best and brightest talent who value personal growth, collaboration, and human connection. You will report to the Senior Manager, People and will partner closely with Operations to support people acquisition strategies in a startup environment. You’ll be responsible for a full-cycle recruiting office, managing new candidates and giving potential candidates a comprehensive look into life at Second Dinner and how they’ll use their skills to tackle projects that increase the value proposition for Second Dinner.
As the primary point of contact for all recruiting-related questions or requests, the ideal candidate is excited to dive into new challenges and truly values human connections.
**Please attach your cover letter and resume as one document.**
What You’ll Do
- Fully own all recruiting efforts for Second Dinner from agencies to websites, from phone screens to scheduling panels, you’ll handle recruitment from the candidate’s first click on the “apply” button all the way through to their first day on the job.
- Foster long-term relationships with high-caliber talent, build and maintain a network of candidates and help add new talent to the mix.
- Screen and prepare candidate interviews in a timely and consistent manner.
- Partner with hiring managers to drive recruiting efforts, increase hiring efficacy, diversity, and improve process efficiency.
- Cultivate candidate referrals across all teams.
- Improve and enrich the candidate database with information about high-priority hires and key partnerships to look into
What You’ll Need
- Experienced: you’ll be able to draw on a few years of experience in recruiting, sourcing, scheduling, interviewing, managing everything from finding candidates to getting them prepared for their first day.
- Autonomous: you can own and execute on projects independently, but you recognize the importance and value of collaboration.
- A creative researcher: you understand the value of LinkedIn, but don’t use it as a crutch; you’re creative in your approach to finding diverse, exceptional talent thanks to a wide range of sourcing techniques and tools
- Organized and agile: others can juggle a plate or two, but you can juggle the whole buffet; you are able to change course when priorities shift or candidate relations falter.
- A culture evangelist: you understand what makes Second Dinner unique, and can convince candidates across a wide range of industries that Second Dinner is the best place to be.
- A passionate enthusiast: with your discerning eye, you leave no stone unturned or pertinent question unasked; you dive in between the lines to get to the heart of the text to assess where candidates truly belong.
- An impactful influencer: you can partner with anyone at any level to assist in decisions and you know how to achieve results that make a real impact.
Nice to have but not necessary
- Experience with implementing diversity initiatives as it relates to sourcing and hiring talent.
- Experience with university relations or internship programs.
- Experience with ATS implementation and/or integrating systems.
- A passion for games.
You must be eligible to work in the United States to be considered for this position.
We are an equal opportunity employer that places high value on diversity and inclusion. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, disability status, sex (including pregnancy), gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, military status, or veteran status.