RStudio creates great software that helps people understand data and make better decisions in real-world applications. Our core offering is an open source data science toolchain, and we aim to make it available to everyone, regardless of their economic means.
Founded in 2009, our team has grown steadily over the last several years with the release of new products and a widening base of both enterprise customers and open-source users. We are currently an organization of ~200 people, distributed across the United States, Canada, and Europe, and we hope to expand by another 25-35% in the next year. To ensure that we can continue to attract exceptional people and enrich our unique culture while we grow, we are seeking to hire a Recruiter to help us build diverse teams across the company. This is a fully remote position that can be based in the US or Canada.
What you’ll be doing:
- Manage the end-to-end recruiting process, including prospect management, candidate communication, screening, interview scheduling, feedback collection, and dispositioning.
- Facilitate effective candidate debrief conversations with interview teams and provide input into hiring decisions.
- Partner with hiring managers to determine the best candidate profile for open jobs.
- Build diverse talent pipelines by sourcing candidates through a variety of channels.
- Provide a great candidate experience to all who interview with us, regardless of outcome.
- You have experience working in a recruiting team either as a sourcer or full-cycle recruiter.
- You have worked with both technical and non-technical teams hiring talent at a variety of experience levels.
- You believe that great recruiting is more than a simple skills search: your goal is to match the person with the mission, not just the role. You take the time to appreciate each candidate’s strengths, and treat all with respect and compassion, regardless of the outcome.
- You care deeply about building diverse and inclusive teams, and seek out not only talent who will “fit,” but those who will add to the culture we want for our future.
- You are humble, and value empathy and open communication. You thrive in team settings, and exhibit excellent collaboration skills. You are comfortable sharing your own ideas, listening to the ideas and concerns of others, and offering constructive feedback when appropriate.
- You are eager to join a values-driven company where your work can have a tremendous impact on the success of our mission, and where you can feel great about sharing the RStudio story with the prospective talent that will make that success possible.
- RStudio is a Public Benefit Corporation (PBC) and a Certified B Corporation®, which means that our open-source mission is codified into our charter, and that our corporate decisions balance the interests of the community, customers, employees, and shareholders.
- We welcome all talented colleagues and are committed to a culture that represents diversity in all its forms.
- We prioritize giving ourselves “focus time” to get deep work done. We minimize meetings and attempt to operate asynchronously.
- We are a learning organization and take mentorship and career growth seriously. We hope to learn from you and we anticipate that you will also deepen your skills, influence, and leadership as a result of working at RStudio.
- We operate under a unique sustainable business model: We have over 50% of our engineering dedicated to creating free and open source software. We are profitable and we plan to be around decades from now.
- 100% distributed team (or come in to one of our offices in Seattle or Boston) with minimal travel
- Competitive compensation with great benefits including:
- medical/dental/vision insurance (100% of premiums covered)
- 401k matching
- a home office allowance or reimbursement for a coworking space
- a profit-sharing system
- Flexible environment with a generous vacation policy
RStudio is committed to being a diverse and inclusive workplace. We encourage applicants of different backgrounds, cultures, genders, experiences, abilities, and perspectives to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical disability, or length of time spent unemployed.