Code for America believes government can work for the people, by the people, in the digital age, and that government at all levels can and should work well for all people. For more than a decade, we’ve worked to show that with the mindful use of technology, we can break down barriers, meet community needs, and find real solutions.
Our employees and active community of volunteers build and transform government and community tools and services, making them so good they inspire change. We merge the best parts of technology, nonprofit, and government to help support the people who need it most. With a focus on diversity, equity, inclusion, and deep empathy for partners in government and community organizations and the people that our partners serve, we’re building a movement of motivated change agents driven by meaningful results and lasting impact. At Code for America, you contribute to exciting work while learning and developing in a supportive and flexible environment. Our compensation and benefits are holistic and thoughtfully curated to represent our employees and our mission. Help us drive real generational change that lasts.
Code for America is looking for a passionate, empathetic recruiting manager to help us lead our team of recruiters and our ambitious hiring goals.
About the Role:
You will be the ambassador of our mission, connecting meaningfully with our team and candidates to share our compelling story. You’ll partner with hiring managers and leaders across the organization to support every aspect of hiring in the organization, from training interviewers to closing candidates.
This is an incredible opportunity to grow your skills in every facet of full-cycle recruiting, people management and contribute to an organization making a real difference in people’s lives.
This role is a full-time opportunity that can be based in San Francisco or could be remote – we are flexible about the location. It reports directly to the Head of Talent– Julie You.
In this position you will:
- Manage a team of full cycle recruiters: regular 1:1s, investment in professional development, and delegate requisition for balanced capacity.
- Full cycle recruiting: defining needs, creating job descriptions, sourcing, screening resumes and interviewing candidates, driving the interview process with hiring managers, evaluating candidates with the hiring committees and facilitating the decision-making process
- Prioritize best practices to ensure we build a diverse and inclusive team that meets the needs of the communities we serve.
- Partner with the Head of Talent to strategize internal and external partnerships as we grow our staff across technical, program and nonprofit operations roles.
- Continually improve recruitment process through active feedback loops, regularly track pipeline, priorities and performance data to share with internal stakeholders
- Work cross-functionally to implement different ways to build talent pipelines and execute on tactical research, referral generation, events and sourcing campaigns
- 4+ years of full-cycle recruiting experience — including a background in technical recruiting
- 1+ years of people management experience.
- Professional experience and personal alignment with diversity equity and inclusion values.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills — able to inspire and motivate candidates about the mission and work of Code for America
- Must be flexible & adaptable, with the ability to hire across a variety of disciplines, experience levels, and compensation plans
- Demonstrated success in building strong relationships across teams; working collaboratively and thoughtfully
- Enjoys working in a fast-paced, mission-driven organization
- Ability to work independently and proactive communicator
It’s a bonus points if you/have:
- Experience with Greenhouse ATS or an interest in learning
- Agency experience
- University recruiting experience
- High volume in-house recruiting experience
What you’ll get:
- Full benefits package with 100% coverage towards select medical, dental and vision plans and contributes 80% of the cost towards dependent and family coverage
- 401k plan with matching funds
- A collaborative, hardworking and fun environment
- Leadership and teammates who value Equity, Inclusion, and Diversity
- Professional development includes bi annual 360 review process and $1000 annual budget
- A manager and org-wide structure that supports and enables professional development
- Compensation: Code for America’s salary bands are transparent internally as a part of our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We are happy to extend this transparency during the recruitment process. As a part of our equitable hiring practices, we aim to target the midpoint of the 2nd quartile of the range for all new hires. The targets for this role are dependent on the market/geographic location. The targets for this role range from ($98,175 low point to $115,500 midpoint)
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Code for America values a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace and strongly encourages women, people of color, LGBTQ+ folks, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, and veterans to apply. Code for America is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will not be discriminated against because of race, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, citizenship status, disability, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, medical condition or any protected category prohibited by local, state or federal laws.