Merit’s verified identity ecosystem helps trusted organizations across government and enterprise solve critical real-world problems in workforce development, emergency services, licensing, education, defense readiness, and other sectors. Thousands of trusted organizations – including government agencies and nonprofits – use Merit for digital verification of credentials, licenses, training, and skills.
Using Merit, organizations can capture and certify people data in containers called merits (Watch this video to learn more: What is Merit?), and grant them to individuals. All of an individual’s merits are stored in one place, providing people agency over their verified data, giving people secure access, and selective sharing with other organizations.
By connecting organizations and individuals, the Merit Platform supports a robust verified identity network that serves as a source of truth and trust for entire industries; bringing visibility, liquidity, and trust to people’s data.
Florida Division of Emergency Management
The Florida Division of Emergency Management partnered with Merit to provide a fast, secure, paperless solution for the verification and time-tracking of thousands of volunteers and paid medical professionals assisting with the statewide COVID-19 vaccination efforts. As a result of our work together, FDEM was named a StateScoop 50 Award winner for the State IT Innovation of the Year.
Ohio Department of Education – Afterschool Child Enrichment (ACE) Program
After the Ohio State Legislature created the $125M 2-year Afterschool Child Enrichment (ACE) educational savings account program, the Ohio Department of Education (ODE) contracted Merit to inform parents, guardians, and businesses about the new opportunity and eligibility requirements. Merit developed and delivered support systems, workflows, and digital assets for the ACE program. ODE issued digital credentials to parents and guardians certifying student eligibility, enabling them to use the grants with service providers listed in the Education Marketplace, and the Ohio ACE app is a single destination to view account balances and submit claims.
Virginia’s Department of Professional and Occupational Regulation (DPOR)
DPOR partnered with Merit to streamline licensing and digital credentialing for the more than 300,000 Virginia’s Department of Professional and Occupational Regulation (DPOR) partnered with Merit to streamline licensing and digital credentialing for the more than 300,000 professionals across more than 40 industries that are required to have a license to work. With Merit, those licenses are now digital, accessible, and easily verifiable by consumers and businesses.
Merit’s salaries are competitive and transparent. Here’s a look at our pay bands based on different roles.
Merit’s values are more than just words on paper – they permeate the company’s brand, culture, products, and even individual actions. Our values are:
Everyone is a friend. We see opportunities everywhere because Merit has endless ways to grow the already vast and self-propagating Verified Identity graph.
Building a network of truth and trust. Merit is modeling the real world of Verified Identity into a digital one, built on merits. Society values truth and merits represent the truth.
A rising tide lifts all boats. We think about entire industries and how to make the most impact on people’s lives. When we succeed, our employees, partners, and everyone on Merit should succeed.
Measure to meaningfully improve. Work is measured by output, not vanity metrics, and the things we do measure have goals.
Use Merit to build Merit. The strength of the Merit network, platform, and company compounds with the addition of every partner, consumer, and employee.
Benefits at Merit
Remote first with flexible working hours Unlimited time-off with encouraged minimums
Medical plans designed to provide comprehensive, high-quality medical and prescription drug coverage with low to no deductible
Dental and Vision coverage
Employee Assistance Program with 24/7 support Income protection through basic life insurance, voluntary additional life insurance, and disability insurance
Fully paid parental leave for 6 months for both Moms and Dads
Additional support resources like Rightway care concierge, One Medical, Sibly, and SoFi to support employees in getting the most from their benefits from financial to mental health support
A dedicated People Operations team always looking for feedback and new opportunities to provide benefits that meet the needs of our employees
Salary Band: $140,400 – $175,750
Merit believes that truth and trust can change the world. We honorably deploy and reflect those words while incorporating FEMA’s mission statement to help people before, during and after disasters through use of our technology. Are you ready to lead with an enthusiastic, compassionate, professional and genuine emergency services mindset for all communities?
This role is about moving the emergency management needle, it is a position which requires partnership building and the ability to identify where there are gaps in reimbursement, planning, response and recovery. Daily responsibilities are to incorporate the Merit Site Solutions package for all hazards and all phases of emergency management. Get Merit in the hands of command staff, front line workers, 911 dispatchers, IMTs, wildland firefighters and anyone who fills out ICS forms through budget incorporation, federal grants, declared disasters, private funding or RFPs. At Merit we believe that running emergencies with Merit Site Solutions is guaranteed to improve all phases and support life safety, incident stabilization and property conservation.
Merit is a startup environment where you will be expected to roll up your sleeves, take initiative, and get creative about finding solutions to challenges. This is a full-time, 100% remote role with required travel.
- Creatively advance the all hazards emergency services community in all phases of emergency management through the use of technology and verified identity solutions
- Build blue and gray skies relationships to sell Merit to national agencies, nonprofits, government entities and communities who are impacted the greatest before, during and after disasters
- Integrate Merit Site Solutions into local, state and federal plans, IMTs, funding sources and operations especially for declared emergencies and vulnerable populations
- Bring in new business opportunities and close deals for the whole community
- Sell verified identity and time tracking solutions
- Operated in a command staff position in at least two declared emergencies during the past three years besides Covid-19 and Pandemic associated declarations
- Experience with cold calling, introducing new ideas, passion for the industry, ability to reach out to agencies and teams and connect instantly
- Advanced Professional Series-FEMA and CEM or state-wide equivalent
- Must have a minimum of 10 years previous paid/career/full time firefighter, law enforcement/police, 911, emergency management or EMS qualifications that can be the foundation to lead in a diverse emergency management community
- Knowledge on the intricacies of cost recovery, time tracking, credentialing, and technology benefits throughout the emergency management community
- Ability to demonstrate how to build a client list, strategy for meeting set up, professional association networking, demo the product, meet with people on the phone and in person, collaborate and deliver opportunities and integration of the product from the beginning to across the finish line
- Sales, fundraising, grant writing or business development experience with high quality financial results for agencies
- Understand the problems Merit can solve and deliver solutions across the finish line
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time