The UTR Flex League Manager (FLM) position is a remote, regional outbound facing role responsible for managing, recruiting and operating a specific UTR Flex League Market. FLMs are responsible for building relationships with their local tennis community, and driving the rapid expansion and overall success of the UTR Flex League ecosystem in their market and on the UTR platform.
As a FLM, you will focus on the overall operations and management of your designated league market such that tennis players of all levels and ages become more active and engaged members of the tennis community through your efforts, e.g. engaging with the local tennis community, networking with and recruiting potential players, creating, running and growing league opportunities, and communicating with players. In the leagues pre-launch capacity, your job is to ensure awareness and value for the customers. During this phase you will be responsible for educating and establishing a successful UTR Flex League brand. Post-launch, you will be responsible for the overall league growth through continued recruitment of new players and retention of current players. You will be the sole point of contact for all players in your market and will work closely with the Universal Tennis corporate team for training, support, concerns or reporting any technical problems..
To thrive in this role, you’ll need to be able to influence, sell, and build strong relationships with coaches and players of all ages and levels, show strong management skills, be a strategic thinker, be quick on your feet, as well as friendly, tech-savvy, and an amazing communicator. This role will report to the Head of Flex Leagues and be a part of the broader Commercial team.
Flex League Manager Responsibilities:
- You will manage, recruit and engage your local tennis community through UTR Flex Leagues and the provided technology via UTR Flex League Digital Clubs.
- You’ll develop strong and trustworthy connections through leveraging your current tennis relationships, creative marketing, visiting local tennis facilities and targeted outreach & selling via phone, text, email, social media and in-person communications.
- You will analyze league and player success and present monthly analytics reports to see if they are aligned with the UTR Flex League implementation plan and success thresholds.
- You’ll work closely with the UTR Corporate Flex League and Support team to implement the strategic plan for getting players to register and continue to register in leagues on the UTR platform in your specific market.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Active/established Tennis player and/or coach while showing passion for growing the game of tennis
- Entrepreneurial mindset with ability to own and complete tasks from ideation to execution to measurement
- An energetic, focused, charismatic, ambitious attitude and willing to do what it takes – the numbers tell a story
- Passion to educate and sell while focused on solutions – you’re not easily intimidated
- Digital/social marketing proficiency – twitter, IG, FB, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to convince/sell/recruit and network within tennis
- Comfortable and experienced with 3rd tools/systems
- Ability to document and give feedback from clients to certain UTR team members
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Perfect follow through, extreme ownership, highly responsive
- Professionalism, integrity, honesty and ability to confidently represent UTR
- Preferred undergraduate college degree or appropriate 2+ years of professional experience
You will be joining the fastest growing tennis tech startup company in the world! Based in Palo Alto, CA, we have the goal of breaking down barriers and traditional approaches in the sport and growing the game of tennis globally. We are offering a competitive compensation structure with flexible, remote working hours, and strong incentives to make this the fun, high-growth experience that you’d expect from a Silicon Valley startup.
Universal Tennis Overview:
The mission of Universal Tennis is to make tennis more affordable, accessible and fun for all players, regardless of age, gender, level and socioeconomic status. The UTR Engagement Platform is anchored by the Universal Tennis Rating (UTR) Powered by Oracle, the world’s most accurate singles and doubles tennis rating system; and provides the tools and solutions to make the Universal Tennis Rating relevant and valuable to players, coaches and organizers in their local domain. Universal Tennis is creating opportunities and pathways for players from all over the world, in all stages of life, to find better matches and unlock a more fun and flexible tennis experience.
Today, UTR is the official rating of Tennis Channel, the ITA (the Intercollegiate Tennis Association), WTT (World TeamTennis), PTR (the Professional Tennis Registry), USPTA (the United States Professional Tennis Association), Orange Coach, Les Petits As, and many more.
Universal Tennis continues to grow in partnerships, features, services and players, resulting in the need for building a team of Flex League Managers across the United States.