Position ideally will sit in our Brooklyn, NY or Springfield, NJ office, but willing to consider remote candidates with right skill set.
CoreWeave is a modern cloud, providing enterprise scale with the flexibility of a start-up.
At CoreWeave we are building the next generation public cloud for accelerated workloads. Our VFX solutions are responsible for supporting major motion picture, television, and advertisement just to name a few. CoreWeave espouses small teams of high-performing, highly accountable engineers and specialists and fast, helpful support.
Your Role and ResponsibilitiesOur VFX clients run large (think tens or hundreds of thousands of cores) rendering farms which operate on top of Kubernetes. Customers often require assistance in the course of integration and operation with troubleshooting critical issues regarding setup, performance, and configuration of their pipelines. Our commitment to them is to provide helpful analysis and hands on support while also giving them the tools to manage resources themselves. Responsibilities for a render wrangler/pipeline support specialist include:
- Managing settings and general configuration within popular render managers, primarily Deadline.
- Diagnosing problematic jobs/renders/asset dependencies within logs and communicating those issues to the client and internal teams.
- Working with customers to understand their pipeline requirements and provide suggestions on how to adapt those to CoreWeave Cloud.
- Closely communicate with support and engineering teams regarding issues needing escalation or further solution development.
- First point of contact for customer reports regarding rendering inside managed render farms.
We are looking for someone experienced with render managers and vfx troubleshooting in general.
2 + years experience with the following is required:
- Thinkbox Deadline administration and job management
- Render log analysis and the ability to distill problems to root cause
- Some familiarity with popular DCCs such as Houdini, Maya, etc.. in a support or technical capacity
- Willingness and capacity to work in a client facing environment
- Flexible and available for extended hours
Given that our infrastructure stack may be unfamiliar to those with experience in other VFX environments, familiarity in the following areas can be useful to understand some errors or issues that come up in rendering but are not required:
- Python development
- Grafana, Prometheus or other data collection/analysis tools
- VFX pipeline tool development/programming
More than anything, a willingness to learn and attack new problems is essential.
At CoreWeave we work hard, have fun and move fast! The company has entered a stage of hyper-growth that you will not want to miss out on! Today we are a small, growing team of intelligent, genuine people that value different perspectives and approaches to solving complex problems. We live five core values:
- Be Curious at Your Core
- Act Like an Owner
- Empower Employees
- Deliver Best-in-Class Client Experiences
- Achieve More Together
At CoreWeave we support and encourage an entrepreneurial outlook and independent thinking. We foster an environment that champions collaboration and prioritizes innovative solutions to complex problems. As we get set to take off, the growth opportunities within the organization are limitless. You will be surrounded by some of the best talent in the industry. Come join us!
We offer a competitive salary and benefits, including:
- Medical, dental and vision insurance – 100% paid for the employee
- Life Insurance
- Short and long-term disability insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Flexible, full-service childcare support with Kinside
- 401(k) with a generous employer match
- Flexible PTO
- Catered lunch each day in our NJ and NY office
- Weekly massages in NJ office
- A casual work environment
- Work culture focused on innovative disruption
COVID-19 vaccine requirements for in-person work:
To protect the health and safety of our employees, we require any employee conducting in-person work to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by their start date. If you are unable to be vaccinated due to medical or protected religious reasons, please reach out to our HR team at email@example.com to submit an accommodations request.
CoreWeave is an equal opportunity employer, committed to our diversity and inclusiveness. We will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, nationality, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, disability or age.