Brightline is on a mission to build a bright future for every child, bringing extraordinary behavioral health care to children and families.
We’re in the middle of a behavioral health crisis that we can’t ignore—especially not when it comes to our children. 1 in every 5 children has a behavioral health condition, yet up to 80% still get little or no help. Far too many families face insurmountable barriers when their child really needs help, and parents are too often left feeling alone and without the support they need. We can do so much better. That’s why we’re here!
Brightline is convening a team of leading clinicians, technologists, business leaders, and creative thinkers to completely transform what behavioral health care looks like. Together, we’re building exceptional technology and real-world care to bring a warm, supportive, and goal-oriented experience to families. And we’re all here to help children and families thrive.
About the Role
We are looking for a talented Revenue Cycle Specialist who will support our Brightline members with verifying insurance eligibility, claim submission, and AR reconciliation. You will be joining a small, but mighty team at the cusp of an exciting growth phase, and be integral in helping the members who access our services use their insurance benefits effectively.
Key responsibilities of this role include:
- Verify coverage and submit claims: Perform eligibility checks with third party payers. Ensure financial records are loaded into the billing system appropriately. Confirm if prior authorization and/or referral(s) are required, as well as validate that claims meet billing rules and/or contractual requirements. Submit claims electronically to third party payers.
- Perform claim management: Ensure claims get processed appropriately by working rejections and denials. Document and escalate any issues promptly to management.
- Cash applications: Collect member payments and post payments and adjustments while ensuring all deposits are balanced daily. Retrieve missing payment information from payers, and resolve debit and credits on accounts appropriately.
- Support the growth of the organization: Act as a subject matter expert for all claims billing related inquiries. Identify opportunities for improvement to overall billing operational processes and share best practices with management.
This role would be expected to work Monday-Friday during normal business hours. This position is a fully remote, work from home position.
- 2+ years of experience creating, submitting and posting of professional claims within a healthcare setting (Medical Coding certification a plus)
- Demonstrate an understanding of NPI, taxonomy, and electronic claim submission requirements
- Strong knowledge of CPT and ICD10 codes as well as HIPAA regulations
- Preferred experience working in Athena Collector
- Preferred experience working with 270/271 X12 files (real time eligibility)
You will thrive at Brightline if you have:
- A passion for our mission to redefine behavioral health for children and their families.
- A desire to create a one-of-a-kind member billing experience and a background in producing exceptional reimbursement results.
- The drive to be part of building something new – to work hard, to be your best self and to change the lives of our families.
- Comfort with a wide variety of technology including email, EHR, scheduling tools and more. Most of our systems are designed with you in mind, so you’ll thrive if you can learn them quickly and provide feedback on how to make them better.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) and organization skills.
- Ability to revel in the details and commitment to following through on all tasks, simple and complex.
- Previous experience managing a medical office and/or familiarity with the integration of tools necessary for insurance billing are a bonus.
Brightline is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all applicants from every background and life experience to apply.