Please do not apply for this role if you are not physically located in Europe, Africa or the Middle East (UTC-1 to UTC+3). While this is a remote position, we can not consider candidates that are not based in these regions. You can find a detailed explanation in our Recruitment FAQs.
At Hotjar we’re on a mission to build the leading user feedback and analytics platform, with our product being used by over 915,000 users in 190 countries. As part of our Business Intelligence team, you will make data-driven recommendations on strategy and keep a finger on the pulse of our business.
We work in an agile and highly collaborative environment, 100% remotely, and challenge the norms of traditional business leadership. Our focus is on true transparency and respect.
We’re looking for someone who loves to turn data into insights and communicate findings fearlessly. You want to help teams make data-informed decisions and take data-informed actions, you have a curious mindset, and you are motivated to understand our business better.
- be the gatekeeper for financial data within the Data ‘n’ Analytic team
- Work close to growth squads, product squads, data engineering as well as Finance/FP&A to ensure all financial information is properly recorded, propagated and correlated.
- own MRR and revenue reporting on behalf of the DnA team
- Support Finance and FP&A with financial modeling and scenario planning
- Ensure “clean” and trusted financial data are available and valuable.
- Build data models to accelerate the business and feed the team’s hunger for actionable insights
- Assist our teams in defining, tracking, and optimizing processes, tools, and dashboards for better planning and management of the business
- Help analyze the effectiveness of new solutions to inform whether to double down, pivot, or eliminate a new feature or process
- Select and integrate new technologies to promote better segmentation and attribution
- Experience in business intelligence, analytics, data science
- An excellent understanding of SaaS business models and essential metrics
- Experience with growth and finance data and key metrics, such as revenue, MRR, churn
- Excellent SQL skills.
- Fluency with analytics and BI/visualization tools such as Tableau, DataStudio
- Critical-reasoning skills, including the understanding of common pitfalls of data analysis
- A desire to work in a respectful, transparent, and transparent work environment, following Hotjar’s company values, culture and ways of working
- Must submit to a background check confidentially processed by our third-party
- Experience with building predictive data models to provide deeper insights
- Knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages for analyzing datasets
What we offer:
- A remote and accomplished diverse and international team
- An opportunity to positively enhance people’s experience online and make the web a better place
- Annual learning and development budget
- Several perks designed for your well-being and a healthy work-life balance. (Holiday Budget, Wellbeing Allowance, Working Together Budget, 16 weeks paid parental leave, and much more)
The compensation range for a team member in this role is €55,000 to €75,000 annually where the typical offer will fall in the range of €60,000 to €70,000.
Hotjar compensation approach
Our ranges are established after performing market research but the specific compensation amount of the offer will be determined based on relative experience, skills, and equity across the team. We encourage all candidates to read our Recruitment FAQs to further understand our approach to compensation and how we structure our contracts.
In addition to the monetary compensation, we provide all team members with an assortment of unique and popular perks valued at more than €10,000 a year, plus stock options and 40 days of annual leave. These have been chosen to reflect our values and ideals, be it encouraging constant learning with our Personal Development Budget, a great work/life balance with the Holiday Budget, or a happy, healthy team with our Wellbeing Budget.
Here at Hotjar, we welcome team members of all backgrounds, identities, and experiences. Working with respect is built into our core values: we are honest, tolerant, and inclusive. We celebrate the uniqueness and strength found in diversity. We all commit to creating a safe working environment and are allies to those less privileged. And we fully believe that living by these values helps us to make our company, and our product, better.