Our mission at Sourcegraph is to make it so that everyone can code, not just ~0.1% of the population. We help developers and companies with billions of lines of code create the software you use every day. In enabling more people to code, we believe we will create economic opportunity across the world and will drive progress that benefits everyone.
It’s an exciting time to join Sourcegraph. Our company is growing rapidly: we’ve experienced 4x year-over-year revenue growth with zero customer churn, and our $50M Series C from Sequoia has given us the opportunity to make big ambitious bets on our future. We have a huge market (every company that builds software) and massive opportunity (most developers haven’t even heard of code search yet, but once you’ve used it, you can’t live without it–just like Google web search). By continuing to hire exceptional people, we have the opportunity to make Sourcegraph one of the biggest technology companies in the world.
Why this job is exciting
We are looking for a leader to be one of the first members of Sourcegraph’s growing Finance team. As a Revenue Finance Manager, you will work hand in hand with our commercial (Sales, Marketing, and Customer Engineering) leadership, our Business Operations and Sales Ops teams, and our FP&A Manager to help build detailed top-line forecasts, to analyze key sales efficiency and financial metrics and make strategic recommendations, to set quotas and commission plans, and to establish our deal desk.
Our team and our sales are growing fast—we’ve proven strong product-market fit, with wall-to-wall usage and top-tier engagement, genuine love from our users and customers, and tens of thousands of paid daily active users at some of the world’s premier development teams.
- Drive all top-line (ARR and revenue) planning, forecasting, and reporting for our annual and quarterly planning processes, based on both top-down goals and metrics, and bottom-up sales capacity
- Build budget vs. actual reporting and re-forecasting processes
- Work with Sales Ops to set quotas and commission plans for all commercial teams
- Build a deal desk operation, and work closely with Sales and Sales Ops on deal structuring and approvals
- Run ad hoc analyses and models to provide insights and help our commercial teams make better decisions
- Identify (and execute on) opportunities to automate our FP&A and reporting capabilities
- Experience building (and owning) ARR and GAAP revenue models for pure SaaS businesses or divisions with $10m+ ARR
- Deep understanding of B2B SaaS companies and B2B SaaS economics, including familiarity with metrics and concepts such as ARR/MRR, churn, LTV, CAC, gross margins, and more.
- Deep understanding of key operational metrics and compensation models for sales, marketing, and support teams
- Comfort navigating, preparing, and interpreting financial statements (no CPA or formal certifications required).
- [30 mins] Intro call with Dan Adler (VP Operations): We chat with you about Sourcegraph and to find out what you are looking for in your next role.
- [1-2 hours] Asynchronous (take-home) project: A project to see how you break down a complex, open-ended problem into an implementation plan.
- [45 mins] Project review with Tommy O’Donnell (FP&A Manager) and Joe Kirscher (Sales Ops Manager): We review your project.
- [45 mins] Working with go-to-market teams: Interview with manager(s) from our Marketing, Customer Engineering, and/or Sales teams.
- [30 mins] Interview with Beyang Liu (CTO)
- We make you a job offer!
Not sure if this is you?
We want a diverse, global team, with a broad range of experience and perspectives. If this job sounds great, but you’re not sure if you qualify, apply anyway! We carefully consider every application, and will either move forward with you, find another team that might be a better fit, keep in touch for future opportunities, or thank you for your time.
Learn more about us
To create a product that serves the needs of all developers, we are building a diverse all-remote team that is distributed across the world. Sourcegraph is an equal opportunity workplace; we welcome people from all backgrounds and communities.
Learn more about what it is like to work at Sourcegraph by reading our handbook.
We want to ensure Sourcegraph is an environment that suits your working style and empowers you to do your best work, so we are eager to answer any questions that you have about us at any point in the interview process.