Merit’s verified identity ecosystem helps trusted organizations across government and enterprise solve critical real-world problems in workforce development, emergency services, licensing, education, defense readiness, and other sectors. Thousands of trusted organizations – including government agencies and nonprofits – use Merit for digital verification of credentials, licenses, training, and skills.
Using Merit, organizations can capture and certify people data in containers called merits (Watch this video to learn more: What is Merit?), and grant them to individuals. All of an individual’s merits are stored in one place, providing people agency over their verified data, giving people secure access, and selective sharing with other organizations.
By connecting organizations and individuals, the Merit Platform supports a robust verified identity network that serves as a source of truth and trust for entire industries; bringing visibility, liquidity, and trust to people’s data.
Florida Division of Emergency Management
The Florida Division of Emergency Management partnered with Merit to provide a fast, secure, paperless solution for the verification and time-tracking of thousands of volunteers and paid medical professionals assisting with the statewide COVID-19 vaccination efforts. As a result of our work together, FDEM was named a StateScoop 50 Award winner for the State IT Innovation of the Year.
Ohio Department of Education – Afterschool Child Enrichment (ACE) Program
After the Ohio State Legislature created the $125M 2-year Afterschool Child Enrichment (ACE) educational savings account program, the Ohio Department of Education (ODE) contracted Merit to inform parents, guardians, and businesses about the new opportunity and eligibility requirements. Merit developed and delivered support systems, workflows, and digital assets for the ACE program. ODE issued digital credentials to parents and guardians certifying student eligibility, enabling them to use the grants with service providers listed in the Education Marketplace, and the Ohio ACE app is a single destination to view account balances and submit claims.
Virginia’s Department of Professional and Occupational Regulation (DPOR)
DPOR partnered with Merit to streamline licensing and digital credentialing for the more than 300,000 Virginia’s Department of Professional and Occupational Regulation (DPOR) partnered with Merit to streamline licensing and digital credentialing for the more than 300,000 professionals across more than 40 industries that are required to have a license to work. With Merit, those licenses are now digital, accessible, and easily verifiable by consumers and businesses.
Merit’s salaries are competitive and transparent. Here’s a look at our pay bands based on different roles.
Merit’s values are more than just words on paper – they permeate the company’s brand, culture, products, and even individual actions. Our values are:
Everyone is a friend. We see opportunities everywhere because Merit has endless ways to grow the already vast and self-propagating Verified Identity graph.
Building a network of truth and trust. Merit is modeling the real world of Verified Identity into a digital one, built on merits. Society values truth and merits represent the truth.
A rising tide lifts all boats. We think about entire industries and how to make the most impact on people’s lives. When we succeed, our employees, partners, and everyone on Merit should succeed.
Measure to meaningfully improve. Work is measured by output, not vanity metrics, and the things we do measure have goals.
Use Merit to build Merit. The strength of the Merit network, platform, and company compounds with the addition of every partner, consumer, and employee.
Benefits at Merit
Remote first with flexible working hours Unlimited time-off with encouraged minimums
Medical plans designed to provide comprehensive, high-quality medical and prescription drug coverage with low to no deductible
Dental and Vision coverage
Employee Assistance Program with 24/7 support Income protection through basic life insurance, voluntary additional life insurance, and disability insurance
Fully paid parental leave for 6 months for both Moms and Dads
Additional support resources like Rightway care concierge, One Medical, Sibly, and SoFi to support employees in getting the most from their benefits from financial to mental health support
A dedicated People Operations team always looking for feedback and new opportunities to provide benefits that meet the needs of our employees
Salary Band: $70,450 – $110,300
The RFP Specialist will scout, track, and pursue request for proposal opportunities in which Merit could provide solutions and services. They will assist the Proposal Manager with all aspects of the proposal process, and will coordinate proposal actions.
Merit is a startup environment where you will be expected to roll up your sleeves, take initiative, and get creative about finding solutions to challenges. We are a remote organization with some travel.
What you will do
- Scout, track, and identify RFP opportunities
- Maintain Merit library of proposal language, industry specific RFP sourcing websites, and overall proposal toolkit
- Seek and evaluate communal agreement opportunities
- Communicate with lobbyists to obtain comprehensive overview of upcoming RFP opportunities
- Work with various departments within the organization to understand customer needs and develop a strategy for RFP sourcing
- Meet RFP deadlines by establishing priorities and target dates for information gathering, writing, review and approval; entering and monitoring tracking data, coordinating requirements with contributors; contributing proposal status information to review meeting
- Maintain all required registrations. Evaluate and complete pre-registration opportunities
- Assist with writing proposal responses
- Review functional, technical and company information received from internal subject matter experts
- Work on multiple proposal opportunities simultaneously
- Assist the proposal manager with the RFP process, including the development of accurate and timely responses and monitoring to ensure that all steps are effectively completed
- Assist with the evaluation and securing of bidding partners
Experience & Skills
- 2+ years of proven and recurring success in proposal management, including experience with complex proposals
- Deep understanding of State and Federal Government RFP processes and maintaining all appropriate registrations
- Expertise in strategic sourcing of proposal opportunities
- Excellent research skills and the ability to write persuasively and articulately
- Exceptional attention to detail and analytical skills; strong coordination and planning skills
- Creativity, initiative, and strong organizational skills
- Ability to identify problems and/or inefficiencies and independently offer/implement practical solutions
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment with a proven ability to prioritize and multitask
- Proficient in Microsoft Officer and Google Workspace