Rippling is the first way for businesses to manage their HR & IT — from payroll and benefits, to employee computers and apps — all in one, modern system. In just 90-seconds, a company can set up (or disable) an employee’s payroll, health insurance, work computer, and third-party apps, like Gmail, Microsoft Office, and Slack. It’s the only platform that truly unifies every employee system, and automates all of the administrative work.
Rippling is headquartered in San Francisco and has raised over $200 million from top-tier investors, including Founders Fund, Kleiner Perkins, Initialized Capital, Threshold Ventures, and Y Combinator.
About The Role
Rippling supports thousands of users and hundreds of thousands of employees, and our Risk Operations team plays a crucial role in ensuring the viability of our products and financial success of the company. As a Risk Associate on the Risk Operations team, you’ll be a founding member of the team dedicated to managing and controlling the fraud, credit, and operational risks we face. You will act as the first line of defense in implementing fraud and credit risk management strategies as well as building out the infrastructure needed to scale to 10x.
What You’ll Do:
- Act as the first line of defense for onboarding our new customers and monitoring their behavior and transactions for fraud, account takeover, and credit risk
- Develop, document & maintain risk procedures and cross-functional workflows in conjunction with our product and customer support teams
- Scale risk processes to coincide with a growing user base, product suite, and the complexities that come with both. Effectively design and outsource manual/repetitive workflows.
- Use data to drive fact-based decision making and optimize our risk decision making
- Work closely with compliance to promote a strong company wide culture of compliance and process
- 4+ years operational experience in a fast-paced identity, fraud, compliance, or risk role within the payroll, payments, or fintech space
- 1+ years experience with SQL with a desire to develop analytical skills
- Understanding of common business verification & risk analysis tools, and familiarity with tax and/or incorporation documentation
- Demonstrated experience developing policy proposals and scalable processes and working with technical teams to operationalize those strategies.
- Self-starter with excellent time management skills
- Excellent communication skills with demonstrated experience interacting and working with customers
- Organized, attentive to detail, and intellectually curious
If you don’t necessarily meet all of the requirements listed here, we still encourage you to apply because skills can be used in lots of different ways, your life experience is equally important sometimes.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA, HSA, Commuter, Life and Disability Benefits
- Uncapped PTO and flexible work hours
- Free onsite lunch
- Generous parental leave
- Transgender health insurance coverage
- Great compensation package (salary, equity)
- Fun, casual atmosphere and meeting-light culture