Paubox is a San Francisco-based B2B startup ranked #775 on the Inc. 5000 list of fastest-growing privately-owned companies and is also a market leader in HIPAA compliant email.
Paubox provides secure communication for modern healthcare. We are a series A company with over 3,500 customers that leverages customer feedback to build innovative email security solutions that our customers love. Our patented email security features protect healthcare organizations from internal and external cybersecurity threats, all with an unwavering focus on ease of use, security, and reliability.
We are seeking a skilled Ruby developer with Rails experience to join our engineering team. As an engineering team member, you will work on the backend of customer-facing applications and system tooling. Our stack is primarily made up of Ruby on Rails (RoR) with a React front end, but the ideal candidate is security-focused and will possess skills in a multitude of technologies.
Paubox values its people and gives them ample opportunities to learn, evolve and grow.
This position is fully remote, but you must be located and authorized to work in the U.S.
Your day to day include
- Work on the latest projects that require front end and back end coding
- Provide input into decision making, roadmaps, and development milestones
- Build features, resolve bugs, deploy hotfixes, and perform peer code review
- Write clear documentation for QA, engineering, and non-technical colleagues
- Expand test suites for existing applications and create test suites for new applications
- Regularly participate in Agile ceremonies including daily scrum, backlog grooming, sprint planning and retrospectives
Must have skills
- 6+ years of experience in software engineering
- Solid understanding of Ruby, Rails, and React
- Experience with most of the technologies in our stack (Puma, Sidekiq, GraphQL, Prismic, Gatsby, Netlify, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Redis, Elasticsearch)
- Should have experience consuming, designing, and creating RESTful APIs
- Ability to think critically about new features, consider user needs and long-term maintainability
- Ability to be self-driven and work with minimal supervision
- Ability to work in a team setting
- Previous experience migrating to React
- Proficient in multiple interpreted, scripted (Bash), and compiled languages
- Experience with AI, machine learning, computer vision, and natural language processing
- Firm understanding of internet email systems (Postfix, SMTP, SpamAssassin)
- A willingness to take on a wide range of responsibilities
- Experience working in a fast-paced startup environment
What you will experience at Paubox
- Paubox is a customer-driven organization. We foster an environment of diversity, inclusion, teamwork, and excellence
- Our culture is driven by the Paubox Foundations which are the principles and values we embody as an organization. You will be a great fit if these foundations resonate with you
What makes Paubox a great place to work?
- We have a strong identity and culture
- Healthcare benefits, including dental and vision
- 401(k) savings plan
- Combined 28 days of paid time-off, in addition to paid holidays
- Stock options as an early employee
- Apple work laptop provided
- $500/quarter stipend for professional development
- Opportunity to grow within the company as Paubox continues to grow
Paubox is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to hiring a diverse workforce and creating a welcoming and inclusive environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, family status, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, neurodiversity, disability, age, or veteran status, or any other non-merit based or legally protected grounds