At Vercel, our mission is to enable developers to create at the moment of inspiration. We are the platform for frontend developers, creating tools millions of developers use every day. By unlocking developer potential through the use of open-source tools such as Next.js, React, Svelte, and Turborepo, we enable developers to go from idea to global application in seconds.
As a globally distributed company, we take pride in our ability to work across time zones and continents, fostering collaboration and innovation. Our offices in San Francisco and New York City serve as hubs for our teams to come together and develop the tools that empower our users. By joining Vercel, you’ll be part of a team that is deeply committed to open-source technologies and dedicated to shaping the future of web development.
About the Role:
Vercel is looking for a Safety Support Specialist who is passionate about online safety, to manage incoming abuse reports. Reporting to the Customer Success Engineering Manager, the Safety Support Specialist will review sensitive content that may be explicit, while balancing emotional self-regulation and empathy in communications. Careful attention to detailed processes, reliability and consistency is vital to the role. Ultimately, you will partner with our Trust and Safety team to streamline the report management flow and proactively prevent abusive content, as well as to build workflows around the most commonly reported content.
Due to the nature of Safety Support work, you should be willing and able to work with sensitive issues and content that may be considered offensive or disturbing.
What You Will Do:
- Manage a high-volume queue of reactive abuse tickets (such as reported IP infringement, malicious, illegal, or sensitive content) and sign- up abuse reports
- Review & improve sign-up abuse tooling, workflows, and report handling
- Thoroughly review reports to compile clearly documented case information, then take appropriate, consistent action as defined by operational policies
- Interface with partners and customers to resolve issues, while maintaining professionalism and excellent customer service
- Support improvement initiatives by analyzing reports, influencing policy development and executing projects to enhance existing workflows
- 2+ years’ of experience in DMCA and Trademark review within a Trust & Safety team (or equivalent)
- Comfortable working asynchronously in a fully remote environment to resolve complex and sensitive problems
- Ability to logically assess situations, document rationale, and problem-solve ambiguous challenges, both independently and with peers
- Ability to handle highly sensitive matters with discretion and poise
- Availability to work within an on-call rota.
Bonus If You:
- Experience with Salesforce and/or Notion
- Experience in Customer Support
- Experience in Crisis Management, Sensitivity Training, Claims Liability, or Incident Management
- Familiar with developer tools, web technologies, and JSON
- Interest in emerging technology like AI, ChatGPT, Cryptocurrency/Blockchain, Metaverse, etc.
- Stock options
- Inclusive Healthcare Package
- Flexible working style – 100% remote, with teammates located throughout the globe
- Learn and Grow – we provide mentorship and send you to events that help you build your network and skills
- Unlimited PTO – 4 weeks recommended per year. Take time when you need it.
- We will provide you the gear you need to do your role, and a WFH budget for you to outfit your space as needed
The San Francisco, CA OTE pay range for this role is $88,300- $132,600. This salary range is an estimate. Actual salary will be based on job related skills, experience and location. Pay ranges outside San Francisco may be adjusted based on employee location. The total compensation package also includes benefits and equity-based compensation. Your recruiter can share more about the specific pay range for your location during the hiring process.
Vercel is committed to fostering and empowering an inclusive community within our organization. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Vercel encourages everyone to apply for our available positions, even if they don’t necessarily check every box on the job description.