Brightline is on a mission to build a bright future for every child, bringing extraordinary behavioral health care to children and families.
We’re in the middle of a behavioral health crisis that we can’t ignore—especially not when it comes to our children. 1 in every 5 children has a behavioral health condition, yet up to 80% still get little or no help. Far too many families face insurmountable barriers when their child really needs help, and parents are too often left feeling alone and without the support they need. We can do so much better. That’s why we’re here!
When you join Brightline, you’re joining a team that has an unstoppable drive to change the lives of families across the country. We’re a team of thoughtful problem-solvers, expert and kind clinicians, and experienced operators and technologists. Above all, we’re committed to helping each other succeed, learn, and grow—all while bringing care to families when, where, and how they need it.
No matter what you’re looking for in your next role, we’re pretty confident that you’ll #FindItAtBrightline.
About the Role
We are rapidly growing our commercial team as we bring pediatric behavioral healthcare to millions of families across the United States. We are looking for an excellent Sales Development Representative to share our value story with potential clients and help us reach even more families in need.
The ideal team member will have experience working in the healthcare benefits space with nimble, high growth commercial teams to identify, qualify, contact, and transition new leads. You will own email and phone outreach campaigns to health plans, employers, consultants, and brokers. First, you’ll shape your approach through a strategic and research-based lens, then you’ll drive the process through execution and outcomes. You will often be the first contact a prospect has with Brightline, and will excel at communicating our value proposition and tailoring it to your individual prospect’s priorities.
This role reports to the Director of Commercial Strategy and Operations, and works closely with the Sales and Marketing teams.
Key responsibilities include:
- Sourcing: Developing a targeted list of prospects across health plans, employers, consultants, and brokers. Sourcing contact information for key decision makers and influencers.
- Account Research: Profiling strategic enterprise accounts to enable better understanding of key individuals and business needs.
- Outbound & Inbound Prospecting: Conducting outreach to relevant contacts at enterprise prospects through phone, email, and social media. Responding to inbound leads and inquiries received through email, corporate website, phone, and other channels. Successfully communicating our value proposition, qualifying the lead, and transitioning the relationship to the sales team.
- Marketing Campaigns: Supporting our Enterprise Marketing team to design and lead broad scale email and phone marketing campaigns to generate interest in the market. Coordinating with Product Marketing on appropriate information and materials to provide for interested prospects.
- Sales Coordination: Scheduling meetings between qualified prospects and the sales team. Transitioning the relationship with sufficient background and context to enable productive conversations and deal progression.
- Voice of the Customer: Developing an understanding of key priorities and pain points in the market through your conversations with prospects. Determining implications on future outreach campaigns and messaging.
Experience & Skills
- 1-2 years of experience as a B2B Sales Development Representative or an equivalent level prospect/client facing role, ideally in the health benefits space, i.e., employers, health plans, benefit consultants and brokers.
- Track record of leveraging your interpersonal skills, positive disposition, and tenacious work ethic to engage and influence prospects/clients
- Demonstrated success with prospecting and outreach to relevant leads
- Experience breaking a broad prospect research objective into concrete, organized work streams and following through to execution
- A clear, confident, and approachable communication style, both in writing and on the phone
- Experience in digital health/healthcare strongly preferred
- Experience in a high growth startup environment strongly preferred
- Experience with ZoomInfo, Outreach, Salesforce and Marketo a plus
You will thrive at Brightline if you have:
- A passion for our mission to redefine behavioral health for children and their families
- A desire to work collaboratively with a tight-knit but quickly growing team across many different areas of the business
- A proactive, curious, energetic approach to work
- Alignment with our cultural values
- One team, one mission: We have an important mission, and we’re in it together. We find strength in our differences. We share the ups and downs. And we’re always greater together.
- Can’t stop, won’t stop: We’re going to change lives. We have unstoppable drive to get there. We move forward together, without interference, and we celebrate along the way.
- Be present, be kind: We bring together extraordinary people. We come as we are. We make time for humor and compassion. And we show up for our team.
Benefits + Perks
- Remote first and focused on community – we have Bright Spots with employees across the country (check out more info below) + generous work-from-home stipend
- Competitive compensation & benefits packages because we know the work you do is hard and we recognize how valuable you are, including unlimited PTO policy + 14 paid holidays, Health, Vision, Dental, 401k, and stock options
- Collaborate with diverse members across teams with weekly group learning opportunities and team breakfasts (and offsite retreats in the future!)
- Dedicated time from your health and wellness, including group workouts and meditations hosted by Brightline employees
- With your Help, we’ll build diverse & equitable programs and experiences
Brightline is a nationally distributed team with many of our team members located throughout the country, some of those being: New York, Boston, Seattle, Portland, Atlanta, Houston, Denver, Minneapolis, San Diego, and Los Angeles. The Brightline office is headquartered in the SF Bay Area, but we consider all local and remote (U.S.) candidates.
At Brightline, we believe that collaborative, diverse, and empathetic tech & product teams can create transformational products to change the lives of families across the country. In a conscious effort to create a diverse and inclusive environment for our employees and the families we serve, we celebrate our individual differences and walks of life. Brightline is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all applicants from every background and life experience to apply.