Eventbrite is disrupting a huge industry in desperate need of a shakeup. As a Sales Development Rep, you are the first point of contact for sales efforts. You’ll generate demand, interest, and excitement for Eventbrite while creating a pipeline of business to arm our Account Executives.
What makes Sales at Eventbrite so exciting? You’ll be working with event organizers of everything from music festivals to concert venues to complicated registrations for mud runs, beer festivals, conferences, and much more. Our horizontal platform means no one conversation with a potential client is the same. There is no script, no one-size-fits-all solution. We’re consultative sales experts, and we train and invest in our smart, goal-oriented team to grow their careers here at Eventbrite.
We are building a best-in-class sales organization comprised of motivated and talented go-getters. The opportunity is big, competition is fierce, and we have miles to go before we sleep. This team is responsible for working with creators of events across all verticals. You will be focused specifically on acquiring the most strategic events. Learn more about our Nashville sales team here and meet some of the Britelings on the team.
As a Sales Development Rep, you’re the first line of contact to prospective clients. As the first line of contact, you must be able to understand the diverse business needs of our event organizers. You’re a skilled multitasker who is quick on your feet, and your grit and resilience help you handle objections like a pro. You’ll become an expert in the event industry and the Eventbrite solution. You’ll use your convincing, competitive personality and passion for winning to raise the bar of success, documenting and tracking qualified opportunities to pass on to the Account Executive team.
- Represent Eventbrite with style and grace to prospective clients
- Make outbound phone calls to leads provided by marketing
- Use Buyer Centric and Buyer Responsive Messaging to build value and set appointments
- Prospect via cold calling within a territory and/or vertical
- Work directly with Account Executives to build a lead development strategy
- Become an expert in the event industry and the Eventbrite product
- Consult on how the Eventbrite platform can be used to make any kind of event wildly successful
- Document qualified opportunities to pass on to the Account Executive team
- Smash quotas and continually raise the barMaintain a deep understanding of the entire sales process
THE SKILL SET
- 2-3 years experience in a phone sales role
- Experience with high volume cold calling
- A fearless ability to proactively engage new clients
- Versed and capable in the art of objection handling
- A consultative sales approach and knowledge of how to maintain control of a conversation
- Ability to research prospective organizations to identify key stakeholders
- The skills to passionately and clearly articulate value/benefit
- A knack for asking great questions to uncover issues with a prospect’s current process
- A firm understanding of how to qualify buyer interest and identify target customers
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be a highly organized multitasker
- A team-player attitude with a strong desire to help improve internal processes beyond just your day-to-day tasks
- Experience with Google Drive, i.e. Google Sheets, Google Docs, Google Slides, and Gmail
- Experience with SalesForce.com
WHAT WE OFFER
At Eventbrite, we strive to support our Britelings and their loved ones through different stages of life with robust and attractive benefits, financial and physical wellness options, and great perks.
In addition to offering a competitive salary and company stock, we have other great benefits available. In the Briteland, you’ll find great medical plans, fertility and adoption benefits, wellness reimbursement, generous parental leave, on-site services, and much more.
We care about your mental health and wellbeing
Our employees enjoy free coaching sessions with Modern Health. We also offer free therapy sessions with a psychologist. You’ll also have access to private medical insurance for you and your family, that includes dental care. And if you like sports, we have our wellness program to pay for your gym expenses.
Ongoing training and career development is an important part of our culture
We offer unlimited access to courses in Udemy, language exchange programs, internal training, Briteling talks, workshops and weekly sessions with our CEO
Work-life balance is extremely important to us
Our employees can choose what works best for them: work in one of our offices, be fully remote or the best of both worlds! We believe in a flexible working environment to allow Britelings to perform at their best ensuring a healthy work-life balance. We have recently implemented Britebreak Fridays: all Britelings turn off their computers and take the first Friday of every month off to focus on their wellbeing.
Eventbrite is a global self-service ticketing and experience technology platform that serves a community of nearly one million event creators in over 180 countries. Since inception, Eventbrite has been at the center of the experience economy, transforming the way people organize and attend events. The Eventbrite platform provides an intuitive, secure, and reliable service that enables creators to plan and execute their live and online events, whether it’s an annual culinary festival attracting thousands of foodies, a professional webinar, a weekly yoga workshop or a youth dance class. With over 300 million tickets distributed to more than 4 million experiences in 2019, Eventbrite is where people all over the world discover new things to do or new ways to do more of what they love.
IS THIS ROLE NOT AN EXACT FIT?
Eventbrite is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer supporting workforce diversity. We do not discriminate based upon race, ethnicity, ancestry, citizenship status, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, mental or physical disability, political affiliation, status as a victim of domestic violence, assault or stalking, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.