Outschool’s mission is to inspire kids to love learning. We achieve this by linking learning to kids’ interests, connecting them with other classmates who share their passions, and giving them the autonomy to pick their own paths. Our small group classes meet over live video chat with teachers who celebrate their unique strengths and empower all learners to develop confidence and a strong sense of self.
We’re also focused on removing barriers for historically underserved learners who face systemic challenges to their success. In 2020, we started Outschool.org and began offering financial assistance to families in need. We are currently creating an Educator Endowment Fund to appreciate the teachers who are so central to our mission of inspiring kids to love learning.
We believe that diversity drives learning. To meet our mission, we encourage, support, and celebrate different ideas, perspectives, and backgrounds. As a fully distributed (remote) team, we challenge one another to find the most effective way to empower learners, teachers, and parents. Your name, race, religion, gender, nationality, sexual orientation, and age are not barriers; they are why we want to work with you. We invite talented and creative candidates who value the importance of nurturing a child’s boundless curiosity to join us on this journey.
The pandemic has been challenging for families all over the globe. We acted quickly and worked together to provide quality resources to learners, parents, and teachers in the past year. As communities worldwide rethink their approach to education, Outschool will continue to innovate and provide kids with unique opportunities to explore their passions.
Earlier this year, Techcrunch recognized Outschool as the newest EdTech unicorn. We’ve also been named Fast Company’s most innovative EdTech company in the world, and one of the top ten best startups for women from Elpha.
We are seeking an energetic and self-motivated (outbound) Sales Development Representative (SDR) to join our growing Business to Business (B2B) team at Outschool.
Working with schools and districts is new for Outschool but we are gaining momentum. As the SDR, you will have the chance to impact the bottom line by generating revenue as you identify new customer opportunities. You will be joining a team of EdTech professionals and former educators who are passionate about making a difference in the lives of young learners. You will collaborate with Account Executives and will perform market research to identify new potential customers and qualify leads through independent prospecting and relationship building.
- First point of contact for new prospects and determine the next steps for each moving forward
- Execution of targeted outbound lead generation campaigns in coordination with Account Execs and Sales leadership in order to hit or exceed your goal of generating over 10 sales qualified leads (SQLs) per month
- Documentation of all progress and contact information in our Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system (HubSpot)
- Engagement of qualified leads through email, social media, and phone to initiate dialogue with the goal of scheduling meetings for the sales team
- Developing, testing, and documentation of email narratives and talk-tracks that provide predictable, consistent, and continually better engagement from prospective customers
- Collaboration with Account Executives to target key states and regions
DESIRED EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- At least 6 months of outbound SDR experience at a dynamic B2B startup company
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Drive for finding, securing, and providing value to target accounts
- Empathetic and charismatic personality, with a proven ability to build and nurture relationships and follow-up
- Solid understanding of how to develop sales pipelines through outbound/inbound activity, and utilizing CRM software to aid in engagement
- Experience with additional CRMs such as SalesLoft, ZoomInfo or other data enrichment experience is a strong plus
- Demonstrable desire to learn and embrace new concepts
- Self-motivated for hitting personal and team goals
- Resourcefulness, initiative, and passion for working in a self-guided way at a startup
- Familiarity with BANT, MEDDIC, or similar sales qualification frameworks is preferred
- Shared Financial Success: Competitive salaries, stock options, and investment plans that make saving for retirement easier.
- Health & Wellness: Comprehensive health, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance coverage options for employees and their families. Our medical benefits include fertility and family planning coverage. We also provide employees with online access to coaching and therapy sessions through our partner, ModernHealth.
- PTO & Family Benefits: PTO and family leave enable our team to take the time that we need to recharge, relax, and spend time with family and friends.
- Fully Distributed: With a team distributed across the US and Canada, we create a remote culture through expensable weekly meals, virtual events, expensable home office setup, and internet allowance.
- Lifelong Learners: Annual budgets to self-direct our professional development as well as DEI learning. There’s also a budget for employees’ learners to take classes on Outschool!
- Community Impact: Outschool matches employee donations to established charities and has committed to donating $3M to Outschool.org non-profit programs.
Outschool is an equal opportunity employer. We view diversity as a moral imperative and competitive advantage. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We plan and structure our interviews to directly assess skills and experience.
Outschool is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to disabled veterans and applicants with physical and mental disabilities. If you need assistance due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.
Must be a citizen or legal resident of the U.S. or Canada and reside in U.S. or Canada.