Tackle enables software companies to accelerate and operationalize the use of Cloud Marketplaces from AWS, Microsoft, Google Cloud, and Red Hat, without the need for significant engineering resources. Our platform and our team come together to make it easier for our customers to build, grow, and scale their Marketplace businesses. Tackle works with leading software companies like Auth0, CrowdStrike, HashiCorp, Lacework, New Relic, Snyk, VMware, and many more at every stage—from startups to enterprise. We recently raised a $100M Series C round and are backed by three of the world’s top SaaS investors—Coatue, a16z, and Bessemer Venture Partners—as we continue to execute on our mission to positively transform the way that software is sold.
We are looking for an energetic, consultative, and passionate Sales Engineer who can put both their technical skills and business acumen into action by delivering pre-sales demonstrations and technical guidance to enhance the prospecting experience in the sales process.
- Provide pre-sales functional and technical expertise through the sales process as a Tackle product expert to position Tackle’s solution with Technical and Business audiences
- Answer technical inquiries from prospects and existing customers regarding technology, features, solutions, and applications as well as articulating Tackle’s technology and product positioning
- Coordinate and collaborate with the Tackle sales team to understand prospect/existing customers requirements, promote product recommendations for prospects and existing customers
- Strategize and plan prospect presentations with sales team and other technical experts
- Become an expert in Cloud Marketplace Offerings – SaaS, Containers, etc – and help guide prospective customers to best practices for transactable listings in the Cloud Marketplace
- Provide and document technical validation of prospect Cloud Marketplace solutions
- Communicate with the extended Tackle team including Engineers, PM teams, Implementation and Management to drive the best customer experience and outcome
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Experience in pre-sales is preferred along with the understanding of how software is sold
- Advanced problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Ability to describe problems succinctly and think around corners for creative solutions
- Knowledge of major public cloud infrastructures such as AWS, Azure or GCP along with architect level certification in at least one public cloud
- Experience working with one or more of the major cloud marketplace providers
- Ability to offer additional solutions and integrations in response to prospect/existing customer requirements
- Ability to quickly comprehend and explain complex engineering concepts in simple, effective terms
- Ability to work individually, remotely and to collaborate within a team environment to achieve your goals
- Excellent communication, organizational, and especially presentation skills
Full-time employees currently enjoy these amazing perks and benefits:
· Work remotely from anywhere within the US & Canada
· Competitive salary
· Health, dental and vision coverage
· Company off-site summits
· Monthly wellness reimbursement
· Internet and phone reimbursement
· $1000 home ergo/office set up
· Generous vacation plan & flexible work hours
· 401k + matching
· Technology tools to do your best work
· Company surprises and swag
· Awesome co-workers
Start with the customer – We succeed when our customers succeed. That’s why every role at Tackle leads to the customer. We exist to support, guide, and empower our customers.
Explore and experiment – We are curious and creative at work, always looking for innovative ways to improve. We continuously iterate and push the boundaries of what’s possible. Tackle is a safe place to try new things.
Learn and grow as a team – We seek and share knowledge across Tackle. We actively connect and collaborate with others. We welcome different perspectives and invite healthy debate.
Celebrate wellness – We value work-life harmony and personal well being. We share and appreciate stories of wellness every day. We are remote by design, so all Tacklers have the freedom to be their best selves.
Tackle together – We work openly and transparently at Tackle. We are caring, empathetic, and kind. Every Tackler plays a part in our welcoming, inclusive culture.
The Hiring Process:
We have a transparent and streamlined hiring process that can typically be completed in one to two weeks:
• Phone screen
• 3 additional video chat interviews (on occasion there may be opportunities for in-person interviews)
• Some positions may require a take home test (this will be communicated to the candidate)
We are a welcoming, diverse team with a wide range of backgrounds and experiences. We were born and built remote and welcome others who believe remote companies are the way companies will be built into the future. At this time, we can only accept applicants who reside within the United States and Canada.
Tackle.io is proud to be an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation. Tackle makes hiring decisions solely based on qualifications, merit and business needs at the time. We hope to empower and support every individual and celebrate the diverse cultures, perspectives and experiences in our teams. Our Equal Opportunity policy applies to all employment practices within Tackle.