Reports to: Manager, Sales Engineering
Location: Remote United States – East. Eastern Time Zone hours preferred.
Compensation range: $120,000 base with an OTE of $150,000 plus equity
What We Do:
Founded in 2015 by former NSA cyber operators, Huntress was built on a simple premise: to force hackers to earn every inch of their access.
Today’s cyber-attacks aren’t limited to large organizations with the security tools that can ward off threats. Hackers don’t discriminate and will find a way to penetrate any vulnerability in any size business. Huntress enables IT providers and resellers to stop hidden threats that sneak past preventive security tools.
Through a combination of expert human threat hunters, a comprehensive platform, and a desire to make the world a safer place, we’re working to deliver cybersecurity to the 99%—those small to midsize businesses that make up the backbone of our economy.
Join the hunt and help us stop hackers in their tracks!
What You’ll Do:
The Huntress team is looking for a highly motivated and highly collaborative Sales Engineer with excellent communication skills and the ability to think and act quickly. As a Sales Engineer at Huntress, you will be responsible for assisting with technical first impressions of our product platform by diving into details of our products as well as providing insightful assistance on how to level up our customers’ security posture.
- Articulate security problems to a diverse set of audiences and mediums
- Partner with customers to help increase their security posture
- Strong self-starter with the ability to work independently
- Work collaboratively with Sales, Marketing, Support, and Engineering on voicing customer needs
- Spot opportunities for improvement in a fast-moving environment
- Comfortable traveling 25% of the time and meeting face to face with customers
- Comfortable presenting in front of groups
What You Bring To The Team:
- At least 4-6 years of experience working in Sales engineering or similar work
- Experience in endpoint or network security space – i.e., AV, EDR, incident response, forensics, SIEM, firewall, HIPS/IDS, etc.
- Experience working in or with MSPs and/or VARs
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with the ability to present to a variety of external audiences, including C-level executives
- Effective time management and organizational skills
- Experience with malware, threat intelligence, and/or sandbox analysis
- Experience with programming or scripting languages such as PowerShell, Python, and Bash
- Experience with cloud platforms such as AWS, Azure, GCP, etc.
- Familiarity with MSP tools such as RMMs and PSAs
What We Offer:
- 100% remote work environment – since our founding in 2015
- Generous paid time off policy including vacation, sick time, and paid holidays
- 12 weeks paid parental leave
- Highly competitive and comprehensive medical, dental, and vision benefits plans
- 401(k) with 5% contribution regardless of employee contribution
- Life and Disability insurance plans
- Stock options for all full-time employees
- One-time $500 stipend to build/upgrade home office
- Annual allowance for education and professional development assistance
- $75 USD/month digital reimbursement
- Access to both Udemy and BetterUp platforms for coaching, personal, and professional growth
Huntress is committed to creating a culture of inclusivity where every single member of our team is valued, has a voice, and is empowered to show up to work every day as their full self.
We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
We do discriminate against hackers who try to exploit small businesses.
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to email@example.com. Please note non-accommodation requests to this inbox will not receive a response.