Mitsubishi Electric Power Products (MEPPI) serves the North American power systems, rail transportation, and large visual display markets with electrical and electronic products, systems, and services.
MEPPI’s Substation Division is seeking a highly motivated and technically proficient Sales Engineer II to join our Renewables Energy Solutions team. As a Sales Engineer specializing in renewable energy solutions, you will play a crucial role in driving the adoption of clean and sustainable energy technologies. Your primary responsibility will be to engage with customers, understand their energy needs, and propose customized renewable energy solutions. You will use your technical expertise to demonstrate the benefits of these solutions and help clients make informed decisions to transition to renewable energy sources.
- Work with Company’s region managers, MELCO, manufacturers’ representatives, etc. to obtain bid opportunities.
- Prepare and submit the Company technical and commercial proposal for products/services in response to a customer’s RFQ. Interface with factories, MELCO overseas marketing department, other suppliers and customers to clarify the proposal.
- Estimate the Company’s product/service costs. Recommend prices to support the Company’s margin requirements and reflect market price.
- Support and assist in customer proposal negotiations.
- Confirm customer orders are consistent with the Company proposal. Enter orders and turnover to Project Group. Identify all contract requirements and commitments.
- Maintain the bid file.
- Obtain feedback on each bid and close out. Maintain database regarding bids and provide regular and special reports from database.
- Conduct technical presentations to customers on company products.
- Develop sales aids and customer presentation material.
- Direct and coordinate bid preparation by other sales engineers as needed to meet peak bid periods.
- Use product and market expertise to formulate strategy for the product.
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering or equivalent technical discipline with minimum 5 years’ experience in engineering, marketing, sales, sales support or equivalent education and experience.
- Developed verbal and written communications skills.
- Developed interpersonal skills for dealing internally and with customers.
- Advanced computer skills with emphasis on MS Office products.
MEPPI offers its employees competitive salaries, commensurate with qualifications and experience, as well as comprehensive benefits including:
- 401(k) Program
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- Paid Holidays
- Employer sponsored programs including Flexible Work Arrangement, Wellness, and Professional Women’s ERG, HOPE (community outreach)
- Onsite Fitness Center and Café
- Employee Discounts
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Volunteer opportunities
- Paid Parental Leave