About Big Sky Health
Big Sky Health—creator of the world’s most popular fasting app Zero—is passionate about helping people live healthier, longer lives. Our digital experiences provide information, motivation, and accountability on your path toward wellness. We’re a small, mission-driven, Series A startup with an incredible team of scientific experts and investors. We are looking for thoughtful collaborators and strategic self-starters who are driven and care deeply to positively make an impact on the health and well-being of millions of people.
Big Sky Health is 100% remote, with team members working from their favorite desks in Los Angeles, Toronto, Lisbon, Nairobi, and yes, Big Sky, Montana. We offer competitive salary and benefits, unlimited time off, and a stipend for making your work space work for you. We’re comfortable with and enthusiastic about working across time zones and hiring globally. While maintaining the flexibility to work from anywhere, we require all to have some overlapping hours with Mountain Time working hours.
About the role
We are seeking a science communicator who has an understanding of ketogenic nutrition and human metabolism. You should have a biochemistry or nutrition degree and a keen ability to distill down complicated topics for a common audience. You will act as the in-house scientific expert, bringing the frameworks of our chief medical officer to all areas of the business including in-app, social media channels, and our content library. You will communicate with the Zero audience, contribute and edit articles for our content library, aid the Zero team in research and work with our scientific advisory board all while maintaining the brand voice.
In this role, you will:
- Distill complicated, scientific research into engaging and easy-to-understand long-form and short-form content
- Immerse in the nutritional biochemistry space and on the cutting edge of emerging research / topics
- Manage multiple cross functional projects and timelines
- Manage scientific research and content fact-checking
- Provide informed, bite-sized replies to our growing audience
What we’re looking for:
- Advanced professional degree in health sciences
- 1-2 years of medical writing experience, or some level of communication experience as a post-doctoral fellow or graduate student (presentations, manuscripts, etc.)
- Excellent writing and grammar skills for a consumer, non-technical audience
- Knowledge and passion for building nutritional frameworks and programs to help people take charge of their personal health journeys
- Superb interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with account teams, other writers, editors, physicians and clients
- Deep experience with proactive timeline management
- Eagerness to become a trusted resource for millions of health-focused consumers
- Passion and knowledge of fasting is a bonus
*If the above describes you please submit a writing sample, focused on diet or metabolic health, along with your application.*
We’ve got big dreams, a wonderful team, strong traction and an exciting roadmap. We encourage applicants from all backgrounds and identities. Bringing on new talent is an opportunity for us to enrich our company culture with brand new perspectives. Join us!