Hi, I’m Stephen, The Global Director of Sales Development here at Customer.io. We’re searching for a Sales Development Representative Manager to oversee our expanding, fully-remote, Outbound team! This is a very exciting opportunity to join a rapidly growing company with an outstanding culture.
At Customer.io, our Outbound Team plays a crucial role in the growth of our premium business by researching, prospecting, and booking discovery calls with leads in our target market. As Sales Development Representative Manager, your ability to lead, coach, and develop our SDRs would culminate into Customer.IO’s next-generation of Account Executives. It requires someone that wants to continually tinker, tweak, and optimize our Outbound motion to build great sellers and strong pipeline for the business.
You will have experience building and managing external relationships and driving cross-functional internal teams. You’re comfortable dealing with uncertainty in a fast-paced start-up environment. You have a growth mindset and are ready to seize the opportunity!
Things you’ll do
- Interview, hire, onboard, and ramp SDRs to being full-producing reps
- Ensure that pod members are hitting quota and activity metrics
- Evaluate the performance of SDRs within pod to determine areas for improvement in outreach (emails, calls, LinkedIn, activity, etc.)
- Contribute to sales team planning with leadership (SDR Manager, Director of Sales, VP Marketing, Sales Ops)
- Work to ensure adoption and utilization of strategy and enablement content produced by sales ops and marketing across direct reports
- Manage SDR direct reports including conducting 1:1s, performance reviews, coaching sessions, and career planning
- Lead team meetings in partnership with other SDR Managers & Sales leadership
- Work with sales, marketing, and data teams to collect and analyze data and turn findings into action items for the team
- Responsible for analyzing templates and sequences, and, when needed, writing new or collaborating with SDRs/marketing to create new content
- Collaborate with Sales Operations to oversee the sales dev tech stack, making sure current tools are being used and providing ROI as well as evaluating when new tooling is necessary
- Share duties with other SDR Manager, divvying up tasks specific to each individual’s strengths and specialties
- 1+ years in Saas Sales Development; with 1-2 years minimum in a SDR/AE role.
- Previously managed teams or organizations of at least 5 people.
- Experience with Sales Development & Lead Intent platforms such as Apollo, Outreach, G2, Data Insights etc.
- Outstanding communication, presentation, organizational, and time management skills.
- Experience in a fast-paced, growth environment.
- Analytical and metrics-driven approach.
Our mission at Customer.io is to power automated communication that people like to receive. Today over 3,600+ internet businesses use Customer.io to manage, send, and track performance of email, SMS, and push notifications. Unlike typical marketing platforms, Customer.io helps businesses increase relevance by using behavioral data: what people do or don’t do when logged in to a web or mobile app.
We are offering a starting base salary of $90,000 USD along with Commission depending on experience and subject to market rate.
Benefits at Customer.io include:
- Unlimited PTO – we recommend 20 vacation days (in addition to holidays and sick days) so that you can unwind, unplug, and recharge
- 100% medical, dental, vision, and supplemental insurance for you and your dependents
- 12 weeks paid parental leave – for birth, adoption, or foster care
- 401k retirement matching – up to 5% dollar for dollar match to retirement contributions
- Health and wellness allowance – Up to $200 USD per month that can be used for your healthy living needs, including gym membership, acupuncture, massage, or bike repairs
- Home office stipend – Up to $2,000 USD to help you get your home office set up so you can do your best work
- Internet + cell phone reimbursement – Up to $200 USD per month for your internet and cell phone plans
- Co-working space reimbursement – Up to $300 USD per month for those times you’d prefer to work in a co-working environment
- Learning + development – Up to $2,000 USD reimbursement per year to use on conferences, books, classes, or workshops – anything that will help you develop your skills
- 1 month paid sabbatical after four years at Customer.io – to treat yourself to a vacation, or spend however you choose
- Company retreats twice a year – we typically get together IRL every spring and fall, and are planning for our Spring 2022 retreat to be in Athens, Greece!
- Flexible schedule, work anywhere you want! – as long as you have a reliable internet connection and some overlapping work time with your manager, you can work where and when you want
All final candidates will be asked to complete an employment and education verification authorization form (which allows us to verify your job history and education listed on your resume) as part of our pre-employment process.
Customer.io recognizes the stifling impact of systemic injustice on diverse communities. We commit to using our influence to increase inclusion and equity within the tech industry. We strive to build an inclusive team culture, implement bias-free hiring practices, and develop community partnerships to expand our global impact.
Check out our careers page for more information about why you should come work with us! We are passionate about our core values of Empathy, Transparency, Responsibility, and Awkwardness and are looking for new coworkers to share and build that passion!
How to apply
Apply at the link below by Thursday, June 23rd at 5pm and tell us why you’re interested in the position! We plan to respond to all applicants by June 30th with a status update about your application.
Here’s what you can expect from our hiring process:
- 30 minute video call with our Recruiter & Onboarding Specialist
- 60-minute video call with Stephen & Kaleb, Hiring Team
- Final Interview