Platform.sh is an idea-to-cloud application platform that simplifies cloud infrastructures.
We give developers the tools they need to experiment, innovate, get rapid feedback, and deliver better-quality features with speed and confidence thanks to our unique rapid cloning technology.
Platform.sh serves thousands of customers worldwide including The Financial Times, Gap, Magento Commerce, Adobe, Orange, Hachette, Ikea, Stanford University, Harvard University, The British Council, and Lufthansa.
We want people who are passionate, open, multicultural, friendly, humble, and smart to join us and help this fast-growing, award-winning company to revolutionize the tech industry.
Platform.sh is a remote-first global workforce building a better cloud platform to create, manage and responsibly scale web applications.
A collective with diverse backgrounds, we work together to test, innovate, and challenge one another, finding new ways to reimagine digital experiences. We’re here to help our customers thrive.
Bring your experience to our team, and help us build a better way.
Platform.sh is looking for a Security Operations Engineer to drive the operational efficiency of the security team, lead security incident response, and assist in keeping an eye on global activity in order to maintain our security posture.
This role reports to our Security Manager and works in close interaction with all teams within our organization.
On a given day you might:
- Take charge of the on-call rotation, providing assistance for both internal and external (customer-related) matters in a role akin to L3
- Coordinate with other departments in handling incidents or their prevention (e.g., call for a patch rollout)
- Investigate ongoing and completed incidents to provide an RCA (Root Cause Analysis)
- Ensure all systems and services in our environment are securely configured and monitored
- Develop and maintain logging and monitoring capabilities across our cloud surface, using built-in tools or custom ones
- Guide the creation of new detection use cases
- Improve accuracy and false positive detection to minimize noise
- Create and improve internal procedures for handling security incidents
- Develop Cyber Threat Intelligence capabilities
- Monitor and improve UEBA tools and alerting
- Support other teams by responding to information requests, both formal and informal.
- Coordinate penetration testing, vulnerability scanning, and related activities
- Support other teams by responding to information requests, both formal and informal
- Work with other Security team branches to gather evidence for our ongoing certifications such as PCI-DSS and SOC 2
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- As a worldwide company, English is our lingua franca and Markdown is our notation of choice
- Command of general Linux fare (kernel, core utils, terminal, shell scripting, man pages, etc.)
- Comfortable with using only the terminal to complete tasks (SSH/CLI tools are ubiquitous in our workflows)
- Debian/Ubuntu specific knowledge is valued
- Good knowledge of IaaS solutions such as AWS, GCP or Azure
- Strong understanding of monitoring and detection technologies in cloud network architectures with complex topologies
- Proficiency in shell scripting and/or Python
- At least 2 years of aggregate experience in (and/or):
- Incident response (e.g., L1/L2/L3 Support, CIRT, etc.)
- Configuration and management of EDR/IDS/IPS/WAF/other solutions
- Configuration and management of SIEM solutions
- Management and/or operation of a SOC
Optional, but valued:
- CSP certifications (check our providers here)
- Security or Operations focused are preferred (e.g., AWS: Cloud Practitioner, SysOps Administrator, Certified Security)
- General security certifications
- We value ISC2 and GIAC certifications (e.g., SSCP, GCIH)
- Demonstrable experience in regulatory compliance such as PCI-DSS or SOC 2 Type II
- In-depth knowledge of Platform.sh provided software (check our docs here)
Are you a 10 out of 10? Great! Beam your resume over.
Seven of Nine? We would still love to assimilate your CV.
This is a remote job.
We’re a worldwide, distributed team looking for the best talent. Our remote model has been in practice and thriving since 2014. To us, remote work means flexibility and having truly diverse, global teams.
Company perks and benefits
- Leadership that cares
- A global team, rich with culture and diversity
- An open work environment where your voice is encouraged. We can always find ways to do better and look forward to hearing your ideas
- A product you can believe in. We’re changing the way companies develop and manage their web applications
- Wellness stipend of US $300 a year
- Professional development budget of US $800
- Tandem – a pool of linguists from around the world willing to help each other work on learning new languages
- Office budget of US $3,000 at hire, (A computer is mandatory but spend the rest on things that help you work, from headphones to a wifi extender.) and a welcome kit of branded swag
- A yearly global gift exchange – get paired up with someone 3,000 miles or kilometers away, and share a part of your home
- We’re voted as A Best Place to Work by 96% of our employees
- Company wide DE&I initiative that you can be a part of
- Yearly, international, company and team meetups (when we’re not experiencing a pandemic)
- Remote working/flexibility
- Company shares (discretionary)
About our recruitment process
We don’t expect a great hire to meet every requirement we have listed. If you can see yourself elevating the team we want to hear about your story. Few of us would be here had we not taken a chance.
You can expect 1-4 interviews on Google Meet. We leave the process fairly customizable to teams and roles, so in some scenarios we’re able to streamline the process to have minimal rounds. Expect a higher number of rounds for director level roles and above.
Additionally, you can schedule coffee chats with potential future peers while you’re in the recruitment process to see if you can envision working together. Use interview and coffee time to make sure the company aligns with your best working environment.
All roles require background checks.
About our software
We are the most unified, secure, enterprise-grade platform for building, running and scaling fleets of websites and applications. Platform.sh is trusted by 5,000+ organizations globally to create the best digital experiences.