Senior Account Executive, Collegiate Sales – U.S. Remote or Lincoln, NE
Opendorse is looking for a confident senior sales account executive to join our growing college sales team. As a SR. Account Executive, you’ll be tasked with selling our technology and suite of NIL products to D1, D2 & D3 athletic departments. We are on a mission to help every athlete by providing universities with the most innovative and compliant technology to maximize their student-athletes’ (NIL) name, image, and likeness.
Speed will be a requirement for success in this role. The ideal candidate has a strong history and/or familiarity working in collegiate sports. You’ll be expected to build your pipeline quickly by taking independent action to foster new relationships and tapping into your personal network.
If you genuinely enjoy the sales process, the challenge of identifying the right decision-makers, and get excited about the opportunity to bring innovative products to a rapidly emerging market, you’ll love this position.
You Are: You have a strong executive presence. You are inherently great at connecting with people and have a reliable network to prove it. You pay attention to details, actively listen, and communicate well. You know what to say and more importantly, how to say it. You are confident and have the courage to ask the right questions. You are high energy, high integrity and purpose-driven. This is not a transactional sales position. You believe in building long-term business relationships and creating real value for our customers.
Core Functions & Responsibilities
- Set a standard by building a strong pipeline and achieving quarterly sales targets
- Take action against a variety of leads, from web sign-ups to inbound requests, to up-selling opportunities
- Demo Opendorse’s platform/offering to prospects, clearly differentiate and position our product
- Look for opportunities to innovate our pitch and create compelling reasons for prospects to give us their time
- Provide an accurate pipeline forecast on a consistent basis (monthly / quarterly)
- Manage a full sales cycle, prospecting customers via phone, email, referrals, social, etc.
- Be able to lead the team in conducting solution-sales training and new feature demonstrations
- Deepen your knowledge of (NIL) Name, Image & Likeness and develop confidence to offer expert advice
- Be a team player and work with your peers (AE’s) & Customer Success team to drive lead generation and close business
- Document plans, activities, and opportunities accurately in the CRM system
What you’ll need to succeed in the role:
- Minimum of 5+ years proven sales and closing success
- Confident selling technology products and solutions
- Exceptional track record achieving quarter over quarter sales quotas
- Experience building strong sales presentations and delivering software demos to sophisticated buyers
- Well-spoken and written, able to create compelling proposals to close complex deals
- Comfortable being resourceful, utilizing whatever is available to progress deals
- Strong history and/or familiarity working in collegiate sports
- High EQ, comfort with ambiguity and a “no job too small” startup mentality
- Startup experience is a bonus
- Willingness to travel
Diversity at Opendorse
Opendorse is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in the power of diverse teams, celebrate differences and champion inclusion. We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. Unfortunately, we are not able to sponsor employment visas.