Elastic is a free and open search company that powers enterprise search, observability, and security solutions built on one technology stack that can be deployed anywhere. From finding documents to monitoring infrastructure to hunting for threats, Elastic makes data usable in real-time and at scale. Thousands of organizations worldwide, including Barclays, Cisco, eBay, Fairfax, ING, Goldman Sachs, Microsoft, The Mayo Clinic, NASA, The New York Times, Wikipedia, and Verizon, use Elastic to power mission-critical systems. Founded in 2012, Elastic is a distributed company with Elasticians around the globe. Learn more at elastic.co.
We’re looking for a Senior Accountant, Consolidations to strengthen our inter-company accounting operations and processes. You can expect ownership of the maintenance, reconciliation, and report of inter-company accounts. Our business is growing very quickly and while you will be empowered to take ownership of your work product, there will be times that action will be required without extensive up-front mentorship. We will look to you for ongoing contributions to the development and improvement of internal controls and general accounting practices and policies.
Reporting to the Senior Accounting Manager, you will work with many groups within and outside of Elastic, including Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, Treasury, Financial Reporting, FP&A, Revenue Accounting, Tax, Internal Audit, and external auditors and consultants. This person is ideally in the Pacific or Mountain Time Zones
What You Will Be Doing:
- Responsible for oversight of all inter-company transactions, including calculation and compliance of Inter-company Transfer Pricing agreements, as well as the completeness and accuracy of the Inter-company accounts
- Maintain and communicate accurate foreign exchange rates in accounting systems to support accurate consolidation and valuation in addition to preparing CTA validation and FX impact schedule
- Be the point of contact for all inter-company and consolidation accounting processes and related issues (inter-company sales, loans, interests, payable settlements, transfer pricing, etc.)
- Collaboration with other teams within Accounting to ensure the uniform classification of local accounting entries while reconciling local accounting vs. US GAAP differences
- Supporting the statutory audit of all non-US subsidiaries
- Supporting the setup of new GL chart of account, international entities, and rationalization surrounding legal and currency structure
- Supporting the development of internal controls, accounting policies, and procedures over international accounting operations
What You Bring Along:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting (CPA preferred)
- 5-8 year experiences working in a publicly traded international company (ideally hyper-growth tech)
- Experience working with multinational entities and exposure to transfer pricing.
- Technical accounting experience with an understanding of US GAAP, IFRS, and local statutory GAAP and the ability to research accounting positions.
- A thorough understanding of consolidation reporting and foreign currency translations.
- An analytical and problem-solving skillset, with the ability to read, analyze, interpret, and explain complex financial data.
- Advanced Excel skills including pivot tables and VLOOKUPs
- Experience with typical business software applications including NetSuite and Workday.
Additional Information – We Take Care of Our People
As a distributed company, diversity drives our identity. Whether you’re looking to launch a new career or grow an existing one, Elastic is the type of company where you can balance great work with great life. Your age is only a number. It doesn’t matter if you’re just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
We strive to have parity of benefits across regions and while regulations differ from place to place, we believe taking care of our people is the right thing to do.
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Health coverage for you and your family in many locations
- Ability to craft your calendar with flexible locations and schedules for many roles
- Generous number of vacation days each year
- Double your charitable giving – We match up to $1500 (or local currency equivalent)
- Up to 40 hours each year to use toward volunteer projects you love
- Embracing parenthood with minimum of 16 weeks of parental leave
Different people approach problems differently. We need that. Elastic is committed to diversity as well as inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer and committed to the principles of affirmative action. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. If you require any reasonable accessibility support, please email email@example.com.
Please see here for our Privacy Statement.