About the job
Do you consider yourself a wizard with numbers? Take pride in leading projects using your deep knowledge of accounting principles?
If you bursted out with ‘yes’ then we would be excited to have you join our team of math nerd strategists, user flow obsessed designers, result-driven developers and epic storytelling marketers. We’re an entrepreneurial team that value doers, people who think outside the box, and are not afraid to experiment.
String and Key is a research and development studio that is building digital platforms that will change the way people manage and protect their money. The first business we built is Wyshbox, which is a whole new way to talk about and sell life insurance to a younger audience. Customers build their own personalized policies around their “Wyshes” — the things that they want to have happen, if anything happens to to them. From sending their kids to college to shooting their ashes into space – this isn’t your traditional insurance. It’s 100% online on the web, iOS, or android. No agents and no hassles.
- This is a hybrid role with a core responsibility in Accounting and a focus on Financial Planning & Analysis.
- Manage accounting functions which include but are not limited to Month-end Close and Reporting, Balance Sheet Reconciliations, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, and Tax.
- Responsible for managing the preparation and submission of statutory financial reports required by various state insurance departments, the NAIC, and management reporting, including preparation of board reports
- Assist with financial planning which includes forecasting, budgeting and other key financial processes.
- Contributes to the accounting policy research and implementation for new insurance products or insurance related transactions ensuring accuracy and compliance with accounting regulations
- Anticipate, evaluate, and recommend business needs to make sure that financial organization and systems appropriately support the company’s growth.
- Assist with special projects as needed.
- 4+ years insurance industry experience and/or designations with strong understanding of Statutory accounting principles.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting.
- Audit experience is a plus.
- Analytical self-starter with the ability to resolve problems independently with skill and tact.
- Detail and results-oriented with an ability to work in a fast-paced and constantly evolving environment.
- Flextime Options
- Unlimited Time Off
- Paid Summer Fridays
- Paid Holidays
- Stocked Kitchen
- Quarterly Company Events
- Paid Parental Leave
- Wellness Reimbursement
- Full Employee Medical Coverage
- 4% Match 401(K)
- Transit/Parking Stipend
Exact compensation range is determined based on your region, years of experience, and specific skill set, using aggregate market data from PayScale.
We are a tight knit, rapidly growing team who love what we do and take work-life balance and professional development as seriously as our products. If you are someone who takes ownership of your projects and thrives in a fast paced environment, let’s chat!
String and Key is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace